Monday, January 07, 2008

I'm drinking Lime Diet Coke

Well here I am at work again, this seems to be the trend now, chart at work....

This past weekend was just fabulous. On Friday night, I got to hang out with Kellie, Jill, Dora, and Whitney. We first met at Tinns, a good sandwhich place by my parents house. We made a quick stop at the dollar store to get some 4 for $1 giant blow pops before going to Chateau to see the movie Juno. It was super good and funny. Then my cousins and Dora come over to my place to hang out. When Chris got home from work we all played Cranium. I think Chris and I won this time. Last time Kellie and Jill beat us bad. I love having people over at our place, it doesn't happen enough. I feel like having people there just fills the place up with cheer, not that Chris and I are not cheery, but ya know, there are more voices, more laughter, I like it.

Then, on Saturday, I got to hang out with 2 wonderful friends Heather and Kelsey. We met to eat at Noodles, it's kinda our place now. We had fun despite the missing link, Casey! She had to work and we really missed her! We were there 2 hours! Hut had to go so Kelsey and I went to the mall and I went in the maternity store with her. I felt funny at first, like people would assume I was pregnant, heehee.

Soon I was home to have a date with Chris, yay! I love love love when Chris and I can just hang out together for a huge chunk of time, I just have so much fun with him :) We went out to eat at Carlos, his idea! It was good as always. Then we rushed off to Chateau to see National Treasure. They wouldn't take our movie discount tickets, grrrrr, apparently it's too new and spectacular of a movie. So, we left cuz we didn't wanna pay and didn't wanna see anything else. We drove to Cinemagic too see what they had playing. The only movie there that we wanted to see was also Nat'l Treasure. So, we just tried it out and whatta ya know, they didn't even question our discount tickets! SCORE! It was actually a really good movie, I liked it a lot, much more than the first one. Chris liked it a lot too!!! Yay! Then I think we went to Target? We go to Walmart or Target almost everyday I think, heehee. We had the rest of the night to just hang out!

Sunday morning I drug myself outta bed to go teach the 3 years old a thing or two at church. Chris and I only ended up having one kid this week, last time it was like 6. I missed the ones that weren't there. We had fun playing one-on-one, well 2-on-1 actually with the little girl that came. We build houses, did a craft, read a story, learned the lesson about Jesus as a boy, and let Chris chase us around, heehee.

Chris had to go to work and I went to church. Then the Hemmer unit as a whole went over to Brad and Julie's to celebrate Brad and Ryan's b-days. Ryan's isnt' until Feb. but he's going back to college soon. Great Grandpa Hemmer was also there. I really only see him about once a year. His name is Neil Chandler Hemmer and he'll be 95 years old in March. Wowee! He lives alone and my great aunt and uncle live near him to help him out when he needs it. I think it's pretty sweet that he's able to do that. His wife, my great grandma, Mildred died when I was a sophomore in high school, so about 2001. It was pretty much expected and we got to say goodbye to her and she died a few days later at home. The last time I talked to her, she was very lucid, she knew me and everyone else in the room and her and great grandpa were still teasing each other. I miss her, she was a sweet lady, I can still hear what her voice sounds like.

Then......today, Chris and I got up earlier than I would care to to go work out. We got there around 9:15ish and of course, there was no parking, as seems to be the trend as of late at the healthy living center. We circled the 3 different lots several times and had no luck. So, we went to McDonalds and had orange juice (Chris) and pop (Me). Then we tried the lots one more time and found a good spot. We had to do a quick work out by this time cuz Chris had to work at 11:00.

I had Kid's Hope at 1:00, it was fun and we accomplished some things and got to color as well, which she really likes to do. We giggled a lot today :)

I had to miss the Culver's Christmas party tonight, cuz of work. I haven't missed one of those in I dunno how long, because I myself worked there for so long and then I go with Chris now, so yeh, I like going and I was sad to miss it. Word has it, there will be sumo wrestling........

Well, work's about over now, finally, it was a dull night, but that's ok.

Bye all, have a wonderful week! I work Tues & Wed nights and the weekend days, so I'm sure there'll be more blogs to come!

5 comments:

granny said...

Loved the update Brianna. You always have so much news. All I do is watch Gramps stop breathing when he falls asleep in his chair playing his game. Then he snorts and startes breathing again.

Heather said...

Is "Lucid" nurse jargon? Eric asked me what jargon meant the other day and I knew what it meant!Lucid is definitely not a word I would know how to use in a sentence. Does that make me a bad teacher? Happy working!

Christoph's Czarbach said...

I also do not know what lucid means, so I think that we can conclude that lucid is nurse jargon. Holla!

Brianna said...

Wow guys, no lucid is not nursing jargon, it's a normal word, in this case it means sane, rational, not confused! Hahaha, jargon, whatev. heehee.

Jackie said...

Lucid lucid lucid...
Ha. Good update Brie, I feel like we are now strangers...I havent seen you in like,....2 days, sigh

I'm glad you are good and you have had time to spend with friends and family.