Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I really don't expect you all to read all these blogs I've been writing like crazy...

Wow, could this night be any more boring. Imagine having 8 hours to play on the computer, yeh, you run outta things to do and your eyes get all stingy. I think in this 8 hour shift I have probably done 1.5 hours of actual real work. I have maybe spent about 10 mintues helping other nurses (and trust me, I've been offering my help!). I have spent the other several hours on the computer writing blogs, checking my email repeatedly, checking facebook every 2 seconds for any updates of any kind from anyone, and last but not least, I filled out my schedule for the next set of hours, which is from mid Feb to mid April. Easter is not technically a "holiday" here at Mayo, I dunno why, but our unit chooses to recognize it at one and flip-flops our weekends around accordinly so that some people don't have to keep working Easter year after year. This year, my weekend is working Easter, I just found this out, not a big deal, but kinda sad. Oh well. I've discovered being a nurse means missing out on the best of days, not always, but often enough for it to be quite a sad thing for me!

Again, I have around an hour left. I was going to get an admission from the ER, a car crash, but they sent the patient home I guess, so yeh, it's just me and the 2 easiest patients on earth. I'm certainly not complaining that they're easy, it just results in me being so lethargic and bored.

To waste my time and yours, I shall copy Cheri, Mom, and Cara and do this:

20 Random Facts About Yours Truly or Things I like/love:

1. My baby blanket in still under my pillow, it's see through and torn, but I love it. Chris doesn't love it, hahaha. But he doesn't give me a hard time about it very often :)

2. I have no desire to leave my home: Rochester that is. I love it here. I love that my family and friends are here.

3. I adore my brothers, they mean the world me to. They are alike, yet different in their own way. I loved growing up with them and love spending time with them. I miss Brice and even wish I could hang out with Gavin even more. They both are such good listeners and can always make me laugh and feel better. I secretly like that they're both so much taller than me. I'm so proud of both of them. I love that we are so close.

4. I love to eat, for no good reason, I could make a sport out of it. This is a curse.

5. Gymastics is hands down my favorite sport. I miss it so much. I loved to do it, love to watch it, love to try to teach it to others, etc. I feel like it's one of the most beautiful, difficult, and unappreciated sports.

6. I love to travel/vacation. Especially anywhere warm! I love reading on the beach, playing in the waves, seeing new things (like other countries), and even skiing down the mountains (yikes I almost died) This includes camping as well. Camping to me is so many awesome memories with my family growing up, it's such a simple vacation, but they're always some of the best ones.

7. I love popcorn, movie theatre's the best. Yes, I would go to a movie just for the popcorn.

8. Pine Haven Christian Assembly is my favorite place on earth. But it's not just the place, it's the people you spend time with there and the things you spend time doing. I hope this place can always be a part of my life as time goes on. If someone said to me, "Pine Haven will fail to exist unless you agree to run the camp yourself" I would do it!

9. My cousins: Jamey, Megan, Ryan, Kellie, Jill, Alex, Sam, Grant, and Jensen are so awesome, I just love them and the memories I have with each of them and will continue to have. I'm thankful that they're so close.

10. I stopped biting my nails.

11. I hate to ride bike for exercise, only for fun!

12. I fall asleep almost every night to picturing myself doing an amazing bar routine, I guess the smoothness of it sends to off to sleep.

13. My husband is my bestest friend. I feel so blessed that he picked me and that I get to spend each day with him. I love him so much and I'm so glad to be his wife.

14. My 2nd toe on my right foot is stupid and deformed, I dunno why.

15. I do not want to work at any job.

16. The furthest back memory I have is -running around in circles in my front yard in Kasson with cuzzin Megan, pretending lions were chasing us- we were three years old.

17. My parents are my heros!

18. I love having my feet rubbed and tickled, heehee.

19. My ideal schedule would be stay up until 2am, get up at 10:30am. But this doesn't work well with a productive life, and I wanna be productive.

20. I try to be more like God and less like me. I fail a lot, but I keep trying.

4 comments:

granny said...

What a bloger you have become. I wish it would rub off on me. I nevr have anything to blog about.

Megan said...

I remember number 16!!!! I remember it! Oh...i love you cuzzin!

Heather said...

You have way too much time on your hands! I enjoy reading your blogs though so you might as well use your time to write blogs! Sorry you have to work on Easter, that stinks but I'm sure you'll be able to celebtrate with family and Chris another day. Oh and I find it very odd that you fall asleep to a bar routine so often. Is that healthy? Normal people count sheep. Ok I don't count sheep, I've tried and its dumb. Maybe you should imagine you're in Winona and the sound of the trains helps you fall asleep. TRAIN!!!

Jackie said...

I liked your blog and how you narrorated each of your 20 things about you.
You're a Gem sweetie...I love you. Have a good night at work