Thursday, November 17, 2005

I went to a concert

Greetings from Winona, MN, area code 55987.

Hi, my name is Brianna and this is my online blog, you think you know, but you have no idea.

Haha. Well I cannot seem to remember the last time I updated, so I will start with this past weekend. I went home for a night. I saw my whole fam. and Christopher too! I went to my Grandma E.'s b-day party and it was fun-o-licious. Then I cannot remember what else I did, I probably just studied or something.

Then, on Tuesday, Christopher came and we drove to Bethel University in St. Paul to see my dear friend Cara. It took an hour longer than we thought and I forgot my mobile telephone so Cara thought we were dead. The plan was to get to Bethel, call Cara, and she would tell us where she lived. However, the plan turned into me shouting at strangers on campus, "Do you guys know Cara Dietzman?" Finally, one nice boy said, "yes!" So, I asked if he knew where she lives, and he did, and he brought us straight to her door! Thank you un-named boy. So, Cara saw that we were in fact alive and gave us a tour of her living quarters, which was quite nice. Then she took us to a cool place with Subs, but more original than like Subway for instance. Mine was very yummy and Chris bought us cheese bread too, mmm mmm. I got to keep the plastic cup, so that was cool, souvenir!!! Then she directed us to Northwestern College, where the concert was located, thanks Cara!!!

We arrived a little late, but not to worry, we only missed part of the first band, Robbie something, but what we did catch of them was very good. We then bought matching David Crowder shirts, fun! Next came Shane and Shane, who I love! They were awesome. Then came the David Crowder Band. That is one original man. He's very talanted, funny, and loves the Lord, so it was like a big singing worship service, whoot! They sounded identical to, but better than the cd. It was very fun, I wanna do it again. Then we left.

It took a long time to get home. We did this cool trick where we started in St. Paul, went through Minneapolis, and were back in St. Paul again! How cool is that, I bet you wanna know how we did it so you can do it too huh? Well, too bad, I have no idea what we did. Heehee. I drove part of the way home and that was ok, but I got a little sleepy until I started jammin' out to the radio while Chris was in and out of sleep :) At one point, a deer was staring at me from the side of the road. I did not like him; I thought he was going to jump out at me. Also, the snow coming at me head on was a strange phenomenon which I can't really explain. All I can say is that my eyes were getting weirded out and I felt like I was in outer space traveling at warp speed with stars shooting by me. It is hard to drive like this.

Finally we got home and due to the late hour, Chris took a 5 hour nap on the couch. We went to breakfast at McDonalds at 7:20ish which was soooo yummy, mmm, breakfast burritos, mmmm, thanks Chris :) Then, I got to go back to bed for three hours which was delightful. Then I picked up my mental health client and headed off to the mental health party held for all us students and our clients. The food was gooood. My client gave me a good-bye present of banana bread, a cd he made for me of the Pussycat Dolls (very random), and a Christmas card. I thought that was all very thoughtful. I will never listen to the cd (their main song goes somethings like this: "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me") but it's the thought that counts.

Since then I've been studying and will continue to study until I have learned all 8 chapters that my test is on tomorrow morning.

If all goes as planned, tomorrow I get to do two super fun things with Heather (Casey, you're welcome of course, if you will be here???!!!) One is Breathe at 9pm and the other is.....drum roll.....dramatic pause.....cymbol crash.......drum roll again.......crescendo of strings.........bass drum crash........THE HARRY POTTER IV MOVIE!!! Oh I'm so excited. The fourth was my fav. book, so this is bound to be my favorite movie.

I would also like to say, that I have been here at work since 11 and I have helped three different people, like actually taught them something. I like when we get to the section they're on now, because I understand it, unlike the previous two sections. So yeh, today I feel like I'm doing my job.

Okay, I will leave you with some pictures. I forgot my camera for the concert, but I'm actually glad I didn't have it to distract me, so I will put up some I found thanks to google images.

Adios friends. Peace out. See ya later.

David Crowder and band








Shane and Shane

7 comments:

Heather said...

I totally loled at the drum roll action, you should have added some wood wind chords or something. I hope things work out tomorrow. Kinda funny how i havent seen you yet today. hehe

Brianna said...

I knew a fellow band friend would appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

Brianna, you are a very funny girl. I LOL'd out loud at your blog, many funny parts, but the funniest to me was the part about traveling from St.Paul to MPLS to St Paul, that cracked me up. I also know exactley what you mean about the snow coming straight at you while your driving. Is is sort of like an outerspace experiance. Good luck on your test. You'll do well. Have fun tomorrow night, yip yip for Harry Potter. love you

Karoline said...

Guess what? They were just in Indiana on Sunday and I went to their concert! It was sweet

Brianna said...

Oh fun, Karoline and Meg commented! Karoline, that's cool that you saw the same concert as me! Meg, I am sorry I was in your city and didn't stop in at about 11:00pm when I was there, heehee. Also, "living quarters" is the new hip lingo kids now days are using :)

Heather said...

Brianna...you are the ONLY one who says "living quarters". Just so you know. And Meg i so would have visited you had i been that close. hehehe.

Brianna said...

Kels, I hate to break it to ya, but there's no quidditch in the 4th book, duh, a true fan would know that! HAHAH, heehee. Well, I hope you are having fun at the movie as we speak!

Heather-no comment