Friday, October 03, 2008

And Now For A Well Kept Secret...

Many of you are my friends/family, so many of you already know this, but let's just make it internet official... (my apologies if you're upset by finding out on the internet)...

Chris and I are having a baby!!! A lil' teeny tiny baby. We discovered this fun fact on August 17th. It feels forever ago! I am officially 11 weeks and 1 day pregnant, which just so happens to be the exact day that the baby is considered a 'fetus' and no longer an embryo.

We are due to be parents on April 23rd, 2009! We are going to find out if it's a boy or a girl, which we can do in like 6-7 weeks and we'll let you know what we find out! I feel like everyone already knows all this, but oh well.

I started getting nauseous around 7 or 8 weeks along. I went a whole week constantly sick and throwing up. Now I have normal days and nauseous/throwing up days. Its very unenjoyable, but at the same time, I don't mind, cuz it's a good sign I'm pregnant! I also have many other symptoms that my Mayo baby books says I may have. I have to go to the bathroom everynight in the middle of the night, it's hard to fall back asleep, my heart pounds hard and fast, I get short of breath easily, and I have a lot of headaches! I'm very textbook in my symptoms. I feel like I can't plan anything in advance cuz who knows if I'll be throwing up that day! Yuck. My cousin Megan got to be here on a day I threw up a lot.

I'm going to be gross here, but I can cuz it's my blog. Here are some fun places I've thrown up: my car, alone, while driving, my yard, the bushes in our parking lot, at work, Carlos O' Kellys, the parking lot of Chateau Theatres, and Quiznos (in the bathroom of course). And, obviously, my home and other people's home toilets. Yes! I love it. So there, now you know. It's really fun, especially in the car, now I keep a bucket in there.

We have an ultrasound from our 1st appointment, which was at 9 weeks. The baby looks like an apple with a leaf for a head, but it's so small and cute and we saw the heart beat! I am normal and so is the baby, so well keep praying for the same!

Since we're all about NOT keeping anything to ourselves for some reason, here are the names we plan on using;
Boy: Peyton Wayne Lewis
Girl: Audrey Joanne Lewis

We wanted to be able to honor our grandparents by using their names as middle names. Joanne and Wayne, we felt, blended best with the first names we like. But hopefully we can use all the gradparents names someday, although, do we want 4 kids? Probably not!

Many people say, "it's a girl" and only a few have said boy. Obviously no one knows, but it's fun to guess. Chris and I both think it's a girl, for whatever reason.

It's been fun getting the word out to family and friends. Everyone is so surprised and excited. We feel so blessed that there will be so many wonderful people around to care about our baby too!

Kelsey and Jeff gave us a very cute and soft baby blanket and a teething ring, Kellie bought the cutest unisex overalls for a baby, and Mom and Dad got us a cute little butterfly rattle/teething ring. It's super fun to get presents for the baby already because it makes it seem more real.

Ok, well I better get back to work here, but I thought I'd use the rest of my break to share the news! Updates to come of course. Now I have something more fun to blog about!

Love you all.

Love Brianna and lil' baby. heehee.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! The internet knows! I'm so excited for you and Chris, sorry you have to go through all the throwing up in random places though. Poor thing. Hopefully that will get better eventually. And Eric and I will keep Mommy, Daddy and Baby Lewis in our prayers. :) Love ya!

Jackie said...

FINALLY>...It's out, now I can blab to the whole world
Granny Jackie

Megan said...

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNTIE!!!!!!! (well..of sorts.) I am so pleased. Congratulations to the two of you. i was so happy to be there with you and for you Brie...when you were puking in the theater parking lot...and the quiznos..and at grandmas. oh darling. I am praying for the three of you! Love you all so much!

x to the o.

Cindy's Closet said...

Hee Hee. We can hardly wait! Sooooo excited! God bless you all and especially lil baby Lewis!

Finn said...

BRIANNA!!!! This is so exciting! Thank heavens I read your blog. I feel so bad about all the puking. And HOW CUTE are those names??? I am freaking out over here (in a good way). ANYWAY, congrats and keep the fun updates coming!!
<3 meggie lou
p.s. I seriously sign my work e-mails that way sometimes. It makes me think of you. ; )

Megan said...

is someone trying to steal my identity?? Meggie Lou??? I've been called that for years! weird! let's start a club.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Bri!!! When you get over the pukiness, feel free to stop over for ice cream like you and Meg and Heather used to do in high school. We can celebrate!

Cara said...

Yea it's out in the open! LOVE it! I laughed out loud at all the places you puked! wanna come puke in cincinnati! ;)