Monday, October 06, 2008

Awake at the Wrong Time

Greetings one and all...

5:00am is when I should be snuggled in bed, but here I sit at a computer at St. Mary's Hospital.
Yep, it has begun, the overnights. Now that I'm off orientation, I gotta do my part and be here every 6th weekend overnight.

I really dislike it, I'm so tired and exhausted, even though I did get 6 hours of sleep before I came here. But for the first overnight I did not get any extra sleep, so I think it all adds up to not enough sleep.

My patients are ok, they're pretty busy/needy and one keeps shifting herselt to the foot of the bed and sideways, nice. I just gave her some happy sleepy medicine, it is helping slightly. I just don't get why she'd rather be awake, just close your eyes and sleep!

Today I woke up at 2pm and slugged around for a while. Then Chris' brother, Dustin called. He's in town for just the day after just getting back from Marines training! He goes back home to Decora tomorrow, so we were glad he called! We had supper/dessert and it was delish. Then I had to go to work.

It doesn't feel like the next 2 hours wil ever pass. I just wanna sleep! I am the only stinking person sitting out here in the pod and am watching a bunch of lights for people, erg.

Ok, well before I know it I'll be in bed and I won't have to do this again for 6 weeks.

Bye and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm glad your done with that.