Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Fun News!!!

It has happened. My baby brother Brice (22) has asked his girlfriend Jenny (22) of almost 4 years to marry him! And, she said yes, of course!

It was a delight to meet Jenny 4 years back when they were seniors in high school. I met her at Caribou when they were on the brink of "dating" which was like 14 days before Chris and I started dating. She was very sweet and friendly. I was first curious about this Jenny girl when Brice told me he was headed off to the athletic club (in Rochester) for a "tour". I was like "ok, you're getting a tour of the club? Why?" He replies, "A girl from school, Jenny, works there and is giving me a tour, for fun." Hmmm....I think, this is odd, obviously he didn't need a tour, so I figured there was something going on with him being interested in this girl. Turns out, he was! It's been fun getting to know Jenny over the years. I don't see either of them as much as I'd like, but at least they're only an hour or so away (please don't move guys!) heehee.
The first thing I noticed besides Jenny's wonderful personality and beautiful face, was her laugh. It's hard not to laugh too when Jenny starts to laugh, it's quite infectious, heehee. I also noticed that she gave hugs to Dad and Gavin right away and made them feel very comfortable with her. I could tell that they too noticed that Jenny was very specail! She's goofy like Brice and makes him laugh. I can tell Brice has no problem being his total "special" self around her, so I am very glad she'll be an official family member! Yay!

It was fun getting being on the "inside" with Brice and he planned out when to get the ring and how and where to ask her parents for permission and how to ask Jenny herself. It all worked out perfectly at an apple orchard, how sweet!

Ok, this is getting long, but I'm excited. It seems weird though.....I know I got married at 22, but he's my baby brother! How can he have grown up too?!

Here's some pics I stole from Jenny from the engagement day, Sunday Oct. 12th....




5 comments:

granny said...

I think Brice did very good. Jenny is a peach.

Heather said...

Wahoo! Yeah it doesn't seem like he is old enought be engaged, but he's the same as you were when you got married and Eric was when we got married so I guess its ok haha. How exciting!

Jackie said...

Couldnt have said it better myself. eeeeeeep Whoooop !!!

Christoph's Czarbach said...

Very exciting news guys, very exciting news...(in my special voice that I do).

Casey said...

Yay!!!! Congrats you two!