Thursday, October 09, 2008

Finished................

The end of my senior year of highschool, 2002, I started reading the Harry Potter books, with much reluctance and skepticism. The books had already been out for a few years and I had acutally started the 1st book when it came out, but didn't like it (after like a 1/2 chapter). I decided that "magical books with dragons and spells and wands' were not my style.

Then a few years later I decided, since the whole world seemed to love these books, that I would give them an honest try. Soon, after getting past the 1st chapter, I discovered that I was reading the best book I had ever read! It wasn't just dragons and spells, it was a super interesting and creative book about characters that seemed so real.

Since books 1-4 were already out, I read them back to back to back to back. Then I realized I'd have to wait a whole year before the next book! And so, since then I've been waiting year by year to finish the books. The first movie came out and I was very impressed. I seriously felt like I was watching my imagination being played out on screen.

For some reason, I didn't start the 7th and last book until almost a year after it came out. However, during the last few weeks, I have been reading it like a maniac, when I had the chance. And tonight, at work, as my patient slept, I finished the last 2 chapters! Many of my theories/guesses about how it would all end, were true, but better! And, as the last sentence of the last Harry Potter book says, "All was well".

I'm glad to be done, cuz all is well now with the characters, but it's sad that the story's over. But it was time too I suppose.

For those of you who have never read, you think I'm probably a little too into the books, but for those of you who have, you know how it feels! It's the best series ever! You should read them, kids, adults, whoever, you'll like it. Just get past the first chapter.

~10 mintues left of work and then a glorious 3 days off!

~That is all my friends, for now.

7 comments:

Heather said...

The end...no more HP. Whatever shall we do! I'm pretty sure we both started reading HP at the same time in high school, it was having someone to discuss it with! Oh and thanks to Brita who encouraged us to give it another chance, because I did the same thing you did. I gave up before the first chapter was finished. Sheesh.

Megan said...

I'm so glad you liked the books! how did you manage all that time without finding out what happened in the books? That's impressive. I guess you have to be around people who won't spoil it for you...

books are awesome! Those ones anyway...Briana, Next i ask that you read "Water for Elephants" all you have to do is get past the first 4 chapters and the book will captivate you. It is one of my favorite books ever. When you are finished with that, Pick up, "The memory keeper's daughter" and read that as well. good stuff.

Ok... Glad you enjoyed HP!

Brianna said...

Thanks Megan, like 2 seconds ago, seriously, I was like, "hmm, now what should I read, I dont' have any ideas, I should ask someone what they would suggest!" and there I have it! I'll try them. You know what you should read? The Poisonwood Bible (I dont' know if I spelt that right) by Barbara Kingsolver, I LOVED that book, and it's not about a bible either. Also you should read Redeeming Love. They're both very good.

Jackie said...

Thank goodness for Harry Potter books....otherwise Brice may have never read a book

Glad you enjoyed them so much,Someday maybe I will even read them. we'll see.

Cindy's Closet said...

I loved them too! SAd to be done reading them. I wanted them to go on and on!

Heather said...

Ya know...I started reading The Posionwood Bible once and then I think one of the HP books came out so I never finished it...I wonder if I still have it...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you FINALLY finished the Harry Potter books girl. I was starting to think you had something wrong with you! hehehe.