Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Another evening at St. Mary's

I dunno why I'm even bothering to blog, cuz I have nothing exciting to say. I'm just a bit bored.

I am sitting here on my evening shift in a room with my patient. I need to be in here with her at all times because she's intubated, but quite asleep right now.

I have done a lot with her tonight and now, there's not much left to do but let her sleep. It's been a nice shift though, no running around with my head cut off and no delerious patients. I am still messed up from the weekend of course. Monday night I couldn't fall asleep until like 3:00am and last night I went to bed at 2:30am. Now this is partially my fault because I am almost finished with the last Harry Potter so I read until my eyes could take no more. Then I read more on my break tonight and I have like one chapter left, ahhhhh, it was very hard to stop reading. So, I'll have to finish that tonight. I want to finish it, yet it saddens me, as this is the last book. I started reading them in 2002, so it's been Potter books for 6 years now for me. They're so good!

On Monday, after I woke up in the middle of the day, Chris and I went to Austin to celebrate Laura's birthday, she's 13, today actually. We took her to Applebees and the waitress was very nice to let her have a dessert 2 days before her real b-day. Then she opened her presents, a few shirts from Aeropostle (her request) and then a new purse filled with fun little things to open (i.e. nail polish, chap stick, earrings, and such) I had much fun picking everything out. Then we all had cupcakes. Afterwards, Chris and I hung out at Katie's place (his 26 yr. old sis) and talked with her for an hour or so, it was fun! Then Chris accidentaly threw my camera in the garbage can of an Austin Kwik Trip, long story, not his fault. So, we called (we realized it once we were back in Rochester), they fished it out, and we picked it up the next day, fun huh?! Well at least I got it back safe and sound!

I am so hungry/naseuos right now, I can't explain it, it's a weird feeling. But I just wanna go home now! I have about 40 mins. left, assuming the next person comes on time at 11:00. I am looking forward to Friday, Sat, Sun, cuz I dont't work and Saturday is Brice/Dad's b-days! They will be 22 and 50 and we're having a party for them at my Mom and Dad's house. It's just nice to be there and see all the relatives, especially Brice since I don't see him much! There's a rumor Ryan and Katie are coming from Missouri, I hope it's true!

Well, I spose I'll go now and try to think of something to do.

See ya!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! You're almost finished with Potter! It's about time! Yeah it was sad for me to finish it as well...no more Harry Potter books. Now what will I read? I'm sure there is something. Enjoy your weekend off!

Jackie said...

Even though boring....it's nice to have those quiet times at work. I'm excited for the party on Saturday too. It'll be fun