Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today

Today has been somewhat uneventful: Woke up at 10:00, watched ER until 11:00, worked out until 12:00, ate lunch with Chris at Erb's until about 1:00ish. Chris left for Kid's Hope, I got ready for work. Chris came home from Kid's Hope early cuz his kid was unavailable and I left for work. Now I'm at work! Wow! Facinating.

Tonight started out slow and got busy and is now a bit slow again. We got a direct admission from a patient from Arizona! They jetted themselves over here and then the crew jetted themselves back to AZ, weird huh, all in one night. Now it's almost 9, so a couple hours left. Then I'll go home and watch The Office and ER that I taped. I am so tired and sore!

Okay, I can't take it anymore, I have to tell everyone, to get the nerves out....I have an interview in the am! I didn't wanna say anything cuz there's some peeps from work that read my blog, so if you work with me, please keep this on the down low, I beg you, as I don't want the whole world to know just yet. I'm interviewing with the nurse manager of Mary Brigh 7DE, Thoracic/Vascular Intensive Care Unit. I'm excited at the prospect of a new job! However, I get myself so worked up thinking about it. I am so nervous and sick feeling right now. I know it'll be fine, no matter what happens, so I just have to keep telling myself that. Basically I think I'll be fine as long as my mind doesn't blank out on me. You see, our interviews here are always "behavioral" meaning they'll ask me a bunch of questions about specific situations that I've had and how I dealt with them. For example "Tell me about a time when you had to communicate in a difficult circumstance or tell me about a time when you had a difficultly with a patient's family member. I should be so lucky if I get those questions, cuz I have an answer, but I know they'll ask me ones I'm not ready for, cuz I don't know what they're gonna ask. And it's always nerve racking cuz there'll be not only the nurse manager, but a few others in on the interview, all staring at me! Yikes. Say a prayer for me please!

Ok, that's it. I will probably write tomorrow night while I'm at work too and at that time, I'll be done with the interview and about a million times happier! Adios.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I believe in you! hehe Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

Anonymous said...

Relax and breath Brie. If It's meant to happen, it will. I'll be praying for you in the morning that you are able to find the perfect answers for those blasted questions. And...that you'll be yourself and just go with the flow. You'll do fine, Love you

granny said...

Go for it. Good luck you can do it. Waiting to hear.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Brianna....

Megan said...

Good Luck Cousin. You are going to be wonderful! I hope you kicked butt in your interview! You can do it! Then at cousin's sleepover we can gush about our new jobs! HOORAY! GOOD LUCK! BREAK LEGS (not really though) I LOVE YOU!

Annie said...

yay brianna! i am so happy for you! i hope it went great!

and don't worry, i'll keep it on the DL. there are lots of peeps i know looking other places (myself included)!

i hated interviewing here, but i also thought that its a pretty cool system they have worked out, the behavioral interviews and all...

just remember if its in God's plan for you and Chris that you get this job....it'll happen. it sounds cliche and infuriating to leave it up to that, but its true!

congrats on the interview anyway, and having the job search move forward! let me know how it goes!