Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy Busy Busy

It's Tuesday night, an hour before I leave for home! It's been a pretty busy past couple of nights here on 8MBB/G. I have a few days off here before I work the dreaded weekend! I work too many days in a row coming up here in the next couple weeks, so I'll try not to whine, but honestly it's gotta be harsh.

This past weekend was pretty fun. Saturday we had a little post-wedding get-together for my dad's cousin Randy and his new wife, that was nice to see them and eat at Mr. Pizza! Then I traveled over to see Kelsey at her baby shower! Her baby's due May 2nd! So soon! That was fun too! Chris worked that night so I hung out with Mom for a while and then Jill, Dora, Denise, and I watched Juno at Jill's house. Sunday Chris and I had 4 kiddies in Sunday school and ate lunch at the mall with Gramps H. and Gramps & Gran E.! Fun fun. Then we hung out with Mom and Dad and had a yummy supper there and played outside in the glorious whether.

Monday, I had Kid's Hope and Chris bought a new lap top! I won't go into great length, but his old one had big issues and it was just time. It's so necessary for him to have a working computer for his classes, so I'm glad he can work on his lap top in peace now! It makes my lap top look old! Then I worked and that was that.

Today was dull, I had by BLS (basic life support) renewal class. Even though it's the renewal class, it's still too long, from 8:30-11:15, I passed and am officially renewed and ready to recussitate, heehee. Sorry, not a laughing matter. Then I did nothing and Chris was at work/school all day. I am now at work as well. It's been busy even though I only have 2 patietnts. One is on the commode every 2 hours, not kidding, and the other is just quite complicated, but very nice. They're both nice, so that's nice, very nice, nice, nice. Ugh, I'm tired! I can't wait to go home!

Tomorrow, Chris and I have the dentist @ 9:30 then I'm shadowing a nurse on 7MB (the unit I applied for) from 3p-7:30p. I'm assuming I'll hear about the job after my shadow at some point, which I'm glad about cuz I want to do the shadow first to make sure it's not absolutely something I don't want to get myself into. Then Thursday I have a class at St. Mary's, only for an hour though, then I acutally get one day off, Friday, then I work Sat, Sun, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Mon (2hr class), Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, yeh shoot me in the head. Thats 10 days at the hospital with 3 days off during those 10, that kills me man, I'll die, ugh ugh ugh. I'm signing up every single day for an EA in hopes that I get at least one. I did not sign myself up for this mind you, they completely switched everything around that I requested, oh well, I'll live. Actually I do get several extra hours on my time card though, for all the classes and the shadowing, so that's a bonus, but honestly, not worth it.

Luckily, I get to go have a fun sleep over on the 2nd to the 3rd with Megan, Alexandra, and I think Kate too (Jamey's fiancee) It's an Erickson side girls sleepover! I'm so excited! I hope Kelsey doesn't have her baby while I'm gone!!! Then we're having a party for Grandpa H., I think it's his 75th, on the 4th! So that'll be fun too.

Well, I have a feeling within the next few minutes I'll need to go help my patient to the commode for the 7th time this shift! That's a record for sure. So, I better wrap this up. Peace out.

4 comments:

granny said...

You are a very busy woman these days. Good luck at the tooth dr. Look Ma no cavities.

Heather said...

I need to go to the dentist but we ain't got none. So I'm gonna be toothless and full of disease. Yep. Can't wait to hear how that shadowing went! See you soon I hope!

Jackie said...

shadowing is fun, hope it goes well.

Megan said...

CUZZINSHIP!!!!