Monday, February 04, 2008

Writing a blog to stay awake.

Here I am on my 2nd overnight shift of the weekend. I am, of course, very tired. I only slept for 5 hours after my 1st overnight, so I'm already feeling dizzy and blurry eyed and it's only 2:30am, I got a ways to go yet.

Let's see.....My birthday was a very fun day. I got to hang out with my awesome husband all day. We had Macaroni Grill for lunch with our gift card, it was delish. Then we both had Kid's Hope, which included a Kid's Hope party, so we were there for like 3 hours, but it was a lot of fun. Then later we went to Caros O Kelleys, it was also delish. I refrained from the free icecream. Then Mom and Dad had us over for some more b-day fun. Mom had a giant birthday gift bag full of fun things for me to open. She also made me a very yummy angel food cake/strawberry dessert and I got to blow out the candle. Thanks Mom and Dad. I also got a lovely card/suckers from Gavin, heehee. Chris gave me my last two needed Gilmore Girls seasons to complete the set, yay! I love watching an episode or two before I go to bed. He also got me tickets to see the Newsboys in April! yay! Thanks babe. I also got some nice cards (2 of which were singing cards!) emails, and facebook greetings on my b-day!

The next morning, Friday, I got to see Casey, Heather, and Kelsey at Panera. We sat there a good 1.5 hours chatting and eating breakfast. Chris had to go to work and I met Brad, Julie, Kellie, and Jill at Valentino's for dinner, which they paid for! Whoop. It was lots of fun. Then later, the girls, plus Dora, and I went to Target and then to my place and watched 3 episodes of Gilmore. When Chris got home from work, he was so kind to humor us and take pictures of us. I need to put them up on here later, they're funny, at least we think so. Then we forced Chris to be in some too.

Saturday Chris and I worked out, had lunch at Culver's, and then eventually I came to work while he went to a Mayo vs Century boys basketball game with Dad and Grampa E! Fun fun, Mayo won, poo.

I woke up Saturday around 2p and went with Chris to Kelsey and Jeff's superbowel get together they always have. Kels and I played pool and darts and soon I had to leave them all for work. I stopped by to see Ma and Pa and got to relax with them and watch a bit of the game before I had to leave.

While at work tonight, I managed to watch most of the amazing 4th quarter of the superbowl, wowee, intensity! What a good game that was. Me and this IV tech were sneaky and watched for a while in the visitors lounge, don't worry, my patient's didn't need me!

Now I am sitting here, bored and tired. I have SIX patients tonight, they have a few meds here and there, but lemme tell ya, they're about the six least neediest patients ever, so their call lights rarely go off, which is nice. I was busy from like 7p to midnight, and now I'm just watching the clock until 3a, then I will go give some meds and take some vital signs.

Earlier, I answered a patient's light who wasn't mine and she told me her chest hurt and a bunch of other things, and what do ya know, her heart was in a funky rhythm and the doctors sent her off to the intensive care unit! I'm sure she'l be back tomorrow.

When I go home today, I'll only get to sleep from 8a to Noon cuz I have Kid's Hope again today at 1p, ugh, it'll be very hard to get up. I will have to set 3 alarm clocks and I asked Mom to call me around noon if she can! It's so hard to get up because it's like waking up in the middle of the night in that deep sleep! Oh well, Tuesday I can sleep in all I want to make up for the 9 hours of sleep over 48 hours that I'll get.

Whoo hoo, it's 2:54 now. Nearing the 4 hours left mark!

Well, hopefully pictures to come. There's a fun quiz below if you haven't taken it yet, you should. I made it last night at work.

Bye alls.

3 comments:

granny said...

Working nights is a crock. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Wow nice update!!! I'm glad you made it throught that "overnight weekend", Whew now you can relax for a day or so. Love you

Cheri said...

Working nights is the pits. I know...I worked them before I got married and I always felt like I didnt' get enough sleep.

Glad you had a fun birthday. Sounds like you were celebrated well!