Wednesday, February 06, 2008

A Blog That I Wrote

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Hello there.
I am at work with a few short minuets left. I came to work and I saw that I had no patients assigned to me....interesting. So, I approached the charge nurse and she informed me that I would be getting 2 post-ops (people coming back from surgery) and one unit transfer (someone from the intensive care unit stable enough to come to our unit. And guess what....they're all coming NOW! Um ok, well I'll try my best. But it's impossible to get 3 patients from outside the unit at the same time. Luckily they came at 3:30, 3:50 and 4:30, so I had a little bit in between to settle one patient and move on to the next. This whole debacle kept me non-stop busy from 3pm to 8pm, non-stop. So, therefore I did not eat. But I had some grahm crackers and peanut butter (the best snack Mayo has to offer on the unit).

Now my 3 lovely patients are settled and in less pain, so all is well, but it was a little intense.
I paper-cutted my finger like the worst I've ever done and it's bleeding and throbbing, ouch!

Well, quick update before I go....um....the weekend was pretty busy overnight, I barely stayed sane on Sunday night to Monday morning, but I made it and got some sleep before Kid's Hope. Monday night...hmm...I think I just hung out, watched John and Kate Plus 8. And ate left-overs for supper or something.

Tuesday, Chris had class and I watched Idol with Mom and Dad and Gavin and then Mom and I went to 27 Dresses for a late movie! I was good and fun, we giggled.

Today, I did nothing as usual when I work an evening. I stayed up until 2am last night watching season 7 Gilmore and then I woke up at 10:30 and layed on the couch watching more Gilmore until 12:30, falling in and out of sleep. Then I met Chris, Mom, and Dad at Wendy's around 1:30. We stayed there until I left for work around 2:25.

I am not proud of my laziness. Tomorrow I need to work out! I must! Maybe Chris will go with me and be my inspiration in the morning.

Some fun things are coming up in the future:

February 15th: Heather's bridal shower at my house!

March 2nd: Mom, Dad, Chris, Me, Brice, Jenny, and Gavin will go to a Timberwolves game! I'm excited! It started with Chris and I and spread to the whole fam! yay! I've never seen a professional game before!

March 15th: Heather's wedding!

April 12th: Newsboys concert in Rochester with Chris

May 2nd-ish: Kelsey has a baby and I'm auntie Brianna! yes!

Last week of June, 1st week of July: I'm takine 2 wks of vacation. Chris and I will hopefully take a short lil' vacation somewhere close, but regardless, no work, for 2 weeks!

Late August: Cuzzin Jamey gets married!

Ok, these events are getting further and further away, but yeh, I'm excited for all of them and I'm sure there's more in there too!

MMMkay, I get to go now!
Love ya all!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Woot. Two Heather events coming up! I think you deserve a little bit of laziness after working the overnight weekend. I hope you find motivation to work out! I am losing my motivation to exercise because I always have something else to do. See you soon friend!

Brianna said...

Thanks Heather, you made me feel better about my laziness, and I did work out today, so I'm back on track, I think :)

Heather said...

Eric and I exercised today as well, so hopefully I can keep that u! Way to go us!

Jackie said...

What a whirlwind...ya crazy lady.

Cheri said...

T'Wolves games are fun...unless you are in the nosebleed section! Sounds like a fun time!