Monday, May 28, 2007

Bored Outta My Brain

I'm at work and I'm so incredibly bored and I'm not even 1/2 way through. I ended up floating tonight because we don't have enought patients on our floor. It stinks to leave the peeps I know on our floor, on potluck night of all nights, to a floor where I know no one and I have 5 patients who need nothing and are just going to sleep all night. BORED.

Also, my blog is really weird. I wrote a blog last night and when I go to my blog to see it, it's there sometimes and then not other times, but I'm guess you people can see it cuz three people commented, so yeh, that's weird. I wonder if this blog will work.

Okay, I'm going to make up something fun for myself to do, cuz you guessed it, I'm bored.

I'm gonna type out the alphabet and write things I like that start with each letter. You must do the same and put in on your blog, but you have to have a different answer than me!

Things (insert name here) Likes A-Z

Acrobatics
Beaches
Christopher Lewis
Dancing at my wedding
Eating
Food
Gymnastics
Highways
Icecream!
Jugglers
Kittens, but not in my house
Love
Mom
Neighboors
Otters
Pottery
Quiet
Rollerblading
Sunlight
Tennis
Umbrellas
Vacations
Worshipping
Xylophones, hehe
You!
Zoos!

Hmm, that only took one minute, what else can I do....

I could tell you about my day. I slept from 8:30am until 3:30pm. Then Chris came home and we hung out for a bit and caught up on life since I haven't seen him in what feels like days. Then we went to Target to get somethings for the work potluck (which I am missing!) and then to Applebees, yummy. Then I pretty much had to leave for work. Seriously, 12 hour shifts are for the birds. People like them because then you get one more day off a week, but then the days you are at work consume your life! At least when I work 3 days in a row 8-hour shifts I have the night or morning off! If I work a 12-hr weekend, I come home, go to bed, and come right back to work! Benefits of a 12-hour are less days and every 3rd holidays rather than every other. But another bad thing about 12-hours are the night shifts, if I switched to 12s, I'd have to do nights more often and then you all would have to listen to me whine about them!

Okay, well, I guess I now have about 5.5 hours left to do NOTHING!!! I have a bag of antibiotics to hang at 4:00, a pill to give at 6:00 and 7:00. Hahaha, if this floor only knew how busy they'd be on my floor...

Bye all you loves.

3 comments:

granny said...

I like your story Brie. I'll get you some Amish Jam the next time i'm down that way.

Heather said...

Wow, poor Brianna. Maybe you should bring a book or start knitting. But you're done! Wahoo! Enjoy sleeping at normal hours the rest of the week! I, however, will be waking up at 6am everyday.

Christoph's Czarbach said...

ohh poor little girl had to work all night :( you're sleeping right now :) and I am hanging out on the comp. Holla