Friday, February 10, 2006

My week in a nutshell (I don't like that "nutshell phrase", but it was necessary)

Ok, so I'm finally gonna update!

Starting with last weekend, which was very fun....

Kelsey invited all her bride's maids (which includes me) along with Heather and Casey to go to a Mary Kay make-up thingy. We put make-up on under the assistance of the Mary Kay lady. It was fun, we all looked so different! Then Cara and I went to David's Bridal to see what they had for bride's maid dresses. We narrowed it down to three that we liked.

It was very spontaneous, but since all my bride's maids were in Rochester, the next day, I had them all come to David's Bridal to see if we'd get so lucky as to be able to pick out a dress! I found out that my favorite one of the three Cara and I liked did not come in Apple, the color I picked out. However, we liked the dress, so I just had them try it on. Turned out, they all liked it too and it looked good on everyone! I looked at the colors it came in and turns out there was a color called wine that I liked just as much if not more than apple, and it looks very good against my wedding dress. So, they all bought it! I was very excited it all worked out so well and so quickly too!

Then we were looking at jewelry and there are very pretty earrings there that I was saying would be fun to wear on the big day. That lead to Heather, Cara, Megan, Kellie, and Jill surrounding me and peer pressuring me to get my ears pierced as most of them have been doing since I've known them, heehee. Mom, Cheri, and Julie were there too and they were like, c'mon, you'll like it!" Lately I was wanting to do it, but just didn't feel like going to get it done. It was a perfect time to do it with all the girls coming with me. So, all 5 of them, plus Mom and I went to piercing pagoda in the mall. Cindy came down from her kiosk and they all watched it happen. So, now I have holes in my ears! I really like it a lot, they're pretttty. It hurts to sleep on though and I'm very excited to change them in a month.

Next, I went home and people came over for my b-day party! Pretty much my whole family was there, minus a few :( It was so fun to see everyone and hang out. I got lots of cool things, everyone is very thoughtful, thank you thank you! Some people, mostly the guys watched the super bowl while the rest of us hung out upstairs. Cara was there too, which was an added bonus. My gran entertained her with burp/gas stories, oh what a Gran! heehee.

I feel like I did more that weekend at home, but what?? Hmm...Mom and I went to When a Stranger Calls and it was scary!

This week Mon-Now (Friday) has been crazy. I started Monday and haven't stopped. I had two tests today, which I've been studying for in chunks all week. I also had two leadership clinicals, both were 5:15-1:30ish on Wed and Thurs. Which means, I got up at 4:15am, yes am, to go to LaCrosse. It wasn't too bad, the worst part is going to bed early. I have to do the same thing next week as well.

I'm in outpatient surgery for my clinical with one other girl from my class, we all got split up for this rotation. I got to admit and discharge a few people yesterday on my own. One guy was very special, he kept making jokes, but they made no sense, so I just nodded and smiled/fake laughed, but then I started laughing for real at his nonsense. Oh the fun. My nurses yesterday were awesome. The one I was with in the morning had me help her admit someone, then she told me she was going to take a break and that the patient who had just arrived was all mine. So, I did everything but the IV start (cuz I'm not allowed) to get her ready for a foot surgery. Then, I got to help her leave later on. It was cool. Next week, the nurses want me to have all the kids getting tonsillectomies that day so I can see what it's like to have a child patient and talk to their parents too. Maybe I can swipe a real nurses' badge to wear so the parents don't freak out when they see "student" on my badge, yikes.

Today I had my two tests and I think they went well. Then I came back here and slugged around for about 2 hours, got groceries, put them away, ate supper, and now I just got out all my stuff to study/do a take home test for pediatrics. Take home tests are not as easy as they seem...but I guess it's still better than in class. As soon as I finish this blog, I am going to study! Yes, on a Friday night. All my roomies are gone and I wanna do this now so I can relax tomorrow, when hopefully I'll be going to Kellie's Big 9 gymnastics meet. I remember when I was in those.....back in the day......

Ok, better get to my stuff. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Love ya!
(pictures below!)

~Brianna the Friday night studier.

You may have seen this on other people's blogs, but Mom took it of us in the mall on the way to get my ears pierced. I love this picutre soooo much. Then she did cool coloring things with it on the computer. From Left to Right: Jillian, Kellie, Cara, Heather, Myself, Megan















Me and my beautiful girls in the dress they'll be in at my wedding! Note, Megan is not going to be wearing the periwinlke version, she begged me, she wanted to stand out, but I said no, Megan, no.














Cara and Megan have a thing for fur



















Ear Piercing Peer Pressue!














Last picture of my perfect ear...














Me and the girl who put a whole in my ear.



















I did it!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get all your stuff done so you can relax on Saturday. Good job getting through a tough week.
Happy Friday night :)

granny said...

There's a lot of beef in that first picture.

Megan said...

LONGEST BLOG WRITER AWARD GOES TO..........BRIANNA HEMMER!!!!!