Monday, September 19, 2005

Ecstatic

I am so excited that I have to blog about this. Ok, so every week I have clinical on Tuesday for nine long hours. Then I have to write up a huge thing about my patient and his/her disease. The first one I did took me a total of 9 hours to do, which is insane. I got it back and I got 20/25, which made me so sad. In the nursing grading scale, that is a C. So, I spent 9 hours, doing very best, and I got a lovely C. Had I put no effort into it, or did it quickly and without thought I would have been inspired to try harder on my second one, but I sat down to do my second one thinking, why bother, I'll sit here for 9 hours and get a stupid C. However, I couldn't not try if I wanted to cuz that's the way I am, if it takes me 9 hours to do my best, I do it, annoying, but it's a good too. So, I worked really hard and without many breaks and it only took me 6 hours this time. I quadruple checked it for perfection, was extremely detailed and throuough, more so than the throughness of my first one and I email it to the Teach. She emailed it back to me today and I opened the email containing my grade while peeking through my fingers like you'd do for a scary movie. I saw the grade....and it's 25/25!!! I SOLed (shreaked out loud). I hope I'm not hallucinating, because 100%s don't come around very often since I've started nursing school. It's nice to see hard work rewarded and it's encouragement to keep pressin' on. Also, I got 10/10 on a quiz today! Wowee, this is very exciting. Now I'm sure there will be more C's and such, but it's nice when they throw in some As, it reminds me of high school, when I tried hard and did really well.......hmm...those were the days :)

Anyhoo, so that's my excitement! Now, I need to do a case study on AIDS. The fun does not end I tell ya!

Tonight there are strangers in our apartment doing laundry. They live across the hall and Casey knows them, but it's funny, they just walk in and proceed to do their laundry. Heehee. Tonight my holistic health class was fun. A professional juggler came and did amazing juggling things with swords, clubs, clubs on fire, barbed wire clubs, balls, and so on. The theme tonight was humor and play so that was cool. We got to sit outside for it. The gnats of death appreciated the show, or at least they better have since they were not invited.

Happy Birthday to Casey Bish, she is 20!!! yay. Last night we all went to Green Mill to celebrate and had cake here, it was a scrumtrilescent time.

Well, I spose I should get to my case study so I can sleep tonight. I have clinical tomorrow and in the morning I meet my mental health client, yikes. I have no idea what I'm going to say to him, I hope it'll be good!

Love ya all, have a good day!!!! <3>

"Squashed gnat on pants count for the day": surprisingly, only two.

8 comments:

Cindy's Closet said...

Next time those strangers come to use your washer you should be a better host and offer them a light dinner too...I think a "gnat sandwich" would be in order don't you? Ewwww! Congrats on the "A" Bri. You're just waaaaay too smart! I think you should be a doctor! Yes Yes!

Jackie said...

Isn't it lovely how God rewards us when we persevere. I'm glad you didnt give up after getting the dreaded "C" You're amazing in alot of ways. Love you sweet one

Anonymous said...

Hey Breely-weely,

Congrats on the job well done! It's nice when our hard work is rewarded! Keep up the good work! Your gnat stories crack me up! Keep 'em coming! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what an amazing story. Did you know that www.Homepro-Inspection.com is your source for all of your Home Inspection needs. Give us a call today! (thought this was a good spot to advertise....uncle rick)

Brianna said...

my blog is an excellent place to advertise, i love it, keep it coming. heehee. Thanks to all the cool people who comment in my blog, I feel loved

Jackie said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh Jodi commented, welcome to our BLOG world Jodi. YIP

granny said...

when riding your bike keep your mouth closed or you will have a gnat snack. fresh protein. yummmm

Brianna said...

kelsey, I'm glad to be an inspiration, Gran, that is sick!