Monday, September 27, 2004

Whooooooo

Hi everybody. I haven't written in here forever as you can see. My life is extremely busy which is why I usually don't time to write anything. School is hard and it's a lot of work and I'm always behind, but everyone in nursing feels the same. But, I'm slowly getting through it day by day. We started clinicals now and my group is at a nursing home in Wabasha. So, we get leave Winona at 5 in the morning to go there on Tuesdays.....so tonight I will be in bed early!!!! Today was not good, I didn't get enough sleep and basically did the whole struggling to keep my eyes open thing for 2 of my classes. I'm kinda excited to go the nursing home tomorrow, the lady I help out with is really sweet and nice and likes to tell me about her watermelon fields back home, heehee. I actually got a new resident assigned to me because my first one refused help and refused to get up before 11, and we leave the place at 11...soooooo...yeh. that doesn't really work. But so far I havent' had to do much since I don't know how to do much, but we learned vital signs this week, so I may be doing that tomorrow for real. If you ever want your blood pressure checked, just let me know, heheh, it's fun. Labs are pretty fun, they are a nice break from lecture. Last week we had to do this whole stomach feeling thing with a partner to learn how to feel for stuff and I couldn't stop laughing because it tickled so bad....so yeh...I was not a good partner to have :) I just got back from the fall retreat in Wisconsin with Intersarvity Christian Fellowship that I go to here. It was really fun and awesome weather. I got to sing to God a lot which is my fav. thing to do and I also got to climb this super huge tower and jump off on a rip cord, whewwww, it was pretty high. Casey, one of my roomates did it with me so it was way more fun jumping with her. We were like...woooow, that was sooo cool!!! So I got no homework done this weekend whatsoever, but it was worth it. So now I am gonna be psycho studyer this week, it's just the way it's gonna be! But it's okay cuz the main reason I'm here. Here's a cool verse that I like: Have I not commmanded you? Do not be terrified; Do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you whereever you go. Joshua 1:9. I love that!
K, I gotta go do the whole eating thing cuz it's time and I'm hungreeeeeee. I should make chicken. And then I'm doing homework till fall asleep!!!!!!!!! Thank you and goodnight and if you feel like calling me or emailing me you should cuz it would be fun. Bye! <3 Brianna

2 comments:

Heather said...

i so would have gone down the zip cord thingy with you..but i was still in the Tabernacle. How rude! hehe..jking ya. glad you had fun.

Brianna said...

Also, Heather was at fall retreat too which made it even better even though she couldnt' go down the zip cord cuz she was in the tabernacle..long story, teehee. I heart heather