Sunday, February 01, 2009

A Quarter Century Old


My birthday was yesterday and I turned 25! It was so much fun! First, we woke up and got to go to Perkins. This was very exciting for me because I love their french toast and hashbrowns. Chris isn't much of a "hot" breakfast person, so this isn't something we normally do! Then we drove up to the Mall of America. I was supposed to pick out a present, this was a deal, but I couldn't do it! I felt very bad, but there was just nothing I wanted! I had lots of fun just walking around and lookin' at stuff. I think Chris' highlight was the amazing Best Buy there with drums you could play and such, it was fancier than the Rochester Best Buy. We had a small Burger King lunch and were there for about 5 hours. That's about 5 hours of walking, I got a foot rub later! Then we drove to our hotel. I got a nice discount (for being a Mayo employee) at a hotel in Oakdale (around 10 mins East of the mall) that my parents have stayed at and liked. It was very pretty! The room was nice and it had an extended continental breakfast, yes! It was hard not to eat and eat and eat. I thought it would be fun to do something like this before we have the baby and don't have to arrange a babysitter, although I'm sure someone wouldn't mind :) Around supper time we drove to Woodbury, like 5 mins away. There are a ton of stores there and we ate at Champps (yes there are 2 p's). It was so yummy and I took 1/2 my meal home, so big! We later played rummy and watched a movie! It was sooooooo awesome to just spend the whole day with Chris, it made me very glad. To me, the whole day was one big present, especially since Chris told me I wasn't allowed to feel guilty about all the eating out and the hotel :) He also got me seasons 1 and 2 of House, which I have wanted for a long time. We got them on Amazon cuz I REFUSE to own them for $50 each (from the store, that's just sick and wrong). It was a wonderful birthday just taking out time and being together :) I also got calls and texts and facebook messages and emails from all my dear friends and family, thanks guys!
PS: The pic of Chris on the bed is when we got back from the Mall of America, haha, he fell into a deep sleep!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I'm glad you and Chris had such a good time on your "birf-day. love you birthday girl