Wednesday, March 05, 2008

History in the Making

Hello earthlings.

An update you want? I thought so. Well, an upate you shall have, in chronlogical order.

Friday: worked, blah blah, don't remember what else.

Saturday: Went shopping with Mom for a bit at Target and had a fun time with her. Then Kellie, Jill, Dora, and I had an adventure. We decided to go to Newt's, a little restaurant in Rochester claiming the best burgers around. I had never been there and the girls had been there once or something. It's downtown and you have to like walk down an alley and up a creepy, rickety set of ghetto steps. The place is teeny tiny and the whole town has also come to try to eat fit in there. We were never greeted by anyone, we just stood in line with the others. The deal there, so I've heard, is that you just sit when there's an open table. So, we waited. Then, when we were almost next to sit, this hostess girl walks to the back of the line, right past us and starts taking people's names down. Finally, we were like, "um, is that a list we're supposed to be on? We've been here like 20 minutes before all these people" And she was like "um, yeh, you're supposed to be on the list" and preceded to write our name down at the BOTTOM of the list, AFTER all the people who came AFTER us. So we were like, "um, we were sorta here first, can you write our name first since no one approached us to get our names?" And, she was, of course, super confused and just said, "um um um, no, but I"ll see what I can do." W-O-W. So yeh, we probably waited like 40 minutes after all but like one family went in ahead of us. However, we decided we were not in a hurry and to just be peaceful about it. Once we finally got to sit, it was very yummy and fun. But wow, what an unorganized place! Insanity! I decided if I worked there, I would whip it into shape. After that we went to the downtown Barnes & Noble, the cool one that used to be the Chateau Theatres back in the day. It was a fun night!

Sunday: Chris and I had 6 kids in Sunday school, it was pretty fun, they didn't kill each other. Then we went up to Lake Elmo to be at the 1st couple hours of my cousins Grant (6) and Alexandra's (14) birthday party. Everyone in the fam. was there and it was a ton of fun, but hard to leave early.
Megan 24, Alex 14, Brianna 24.

The Erickson Side Girls. (Jensen, 5)

Why did we leave the party early you ask? Well, Mom, Dad, Chris, Me, Brice, Jenny, and Gavin had a Timberwolves game to catch! Mom found $12 dollar seats for us and they were really great seats! In my opinon! It was a lot of fun, I had never been to an NBA game before! The sonics beat us in overtime by 5 pts. It was great to see Brice and Jenny and all do something together like that.
Chris and I squished in the back, but it was cozy!
Da Game
Chris, Me, Dad, Jen, Brice, Gav (Mom took pic)
I can't remember what else I've done this week, Kid's Hope, had supper with Bish, watched idol with Mom and Dad, hung out with my dearest husband, worked yesterday and today, have the next 2 days off, work the weekend, and before ya know it, it's Heather's wedding on the 15th!
And that my friends has been a weekly update by Brianna M. Lewis.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

OH...

granny said...

Kwel dudett

Heather said...

Thanks for the update! I've been to a couple Timberwolves games, they are pretty fun except we usually had pretty high seats which gets you really out of breath walking up the steep stairs. "Must..keep..going..almost..there...*heavy breathing*...I am ...so...out of...shape.... *gasping for air*... haha ok its not that bad, just wanted to be dramatic. You should read that out loud it will be more effective.. thanks.

Cheri said...

I love Newts! Sorry you had a difficult time there. You know you can get there from inside...as in go in City Cafe and up the steps!