Saturday, March 08, 2008

For My Faithful Readers....

Today was a surprising day, but yesterday was fun too, as was Thursday.....

Thursday was sa-weet cuz Mom and I went to the movie Definiely, Maybe, it was better then I thought it would be, I liked it! I did not like the other 3 ladies in the theatre. They were at least 32-33ish years old and they giggled, no cackled at random moments, very very loudly. My mom said they must have had something to "drink". I would imagine so, for grown women to be so immautre.

Friday was fun, Chris and I asked Jeff and Kelsey if they wanted to have lunch with us, so we all went to Tinns. After that we went over to their place for a bit and saw the almost finished baby's room! So cute! I love it! Now I just wanna see the baby in there! Later, Chris and I decided to stay in and watch a movie at home, not something we do often. But, we borrowed "A Beautiful Mind" from Mom and Dad so Chris could see it. It's such a good movie! So that was fun just hanging out at home free of charge. We also played rummy and he keeps beating me.

Today was also sa-weet. I went to work, prepared for shift one of two 12 hour shifts, but lo and behold, I got to leave and never come back at 11:30, so that's 8 hours of paid time off I took today! Yip yip! I was very surprised. Chris and I worked out and ate out at Erbs. Later he had to go to work and I got to join Mom, Dad, Gavin, and Gran and Gramps E. at Mr. Pizza, the new one! It's very nice there. Then we all went to Mom and Dad's and I hung out with Gran and Mom, cutting cheese (literally for a noodle salad) and Dad and Grandpa fiddled/fixed the new bathroom sink. Mom and Dad are re-doing the "kid's bathroom" it's gonna be so pretty.

Now I am home and trying to focus on the fact that I will loose an hour of sleep and must plan accordingly. I am now going to read a devotion from my book, read a bit of my bible, then perhaps hop in bed and watch episodes of Gilmore that I've seen 100 times.

My little heart is crushed right now and I feel all the more desparate for new job. I have now realized that I will miss out this year on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, therefore, I will miss out on seeing my family. I dunno what to do, yeh I can get through it, obviously, I've done it now for almost 2 years, but I just despise it! I cannot spend my life missing out on family stuff, so I gotta figure something out before I have kids of my own and have to miss their holidays too. Argh. I am grateful that I'm not a patient and grateful to work every-other holiday, but still, it's very very hard. And tomorrow I miss seeing Great Grandpa, who is now 95 yrs old!

Well, I better get going. Have a peaceful Sunday. I hope your heart if full of God's peace!!!
Love.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on the wishing for a new job thing Bri....I do I do.

granny said...

We had a fun time last night. I enjoyed watching you cut the cheese. hee hee.

Heather said...

Haha "cut the cheese". That stinks about all the holidays!!! Is there a way to switch with someone or something for at least one of them?! Cause somehow that doesn't seem fair that you have to work all the major holidays...does that mean you get the 4th off though? That will be fun! See you soon!

Brianna said...

Well, I work everyother holiday and so does everyone else, it just so happnes that my rotation 1 is like xmas eater and 4th of july and the other rotation is holidays like memorial day and labor day, day I don't really care about, I'll wrok every memorial day for all I care!