Thursday, March 27, 2008

I am Bubsy

I feel like I don't know what has happened in the past few weeks, so if I leave you out, I'm sorry!

Um..well tonight I'm at work. It seems I only blog on my evening shift and here I am at work in the evening. I'll be here tomorrow too, so you'll probably get another blog then as well.

It's been nice to not feel quite so cold lately! I ran outside one day, but then the next day it snowed, but we're getting there.

Oh, it's coming back to me now, I know what I did!

I was in Heather's wedding! Heather got married on the 15th, so it's almost been 2 wks! The rehersal was good and the dinner was very good, at Valentino's! On the morning of the wedding I went to pick Heather up from her parent's house and we went and got our hair done! Heather looked beautiful! Then we went to church and had some food and got dressed. Kelsey and Casey were a huge help with everything. Eventually we did pictures and it was long, but good. Then the actual wedding came and it was just lovely. Heather looked so pretty and the service was very nice. The reception was fun. I felt special sitting next to the bride. It was fun to see some highschool friends there: Elizabeth, Greg, Katie, and Meghan! Yip yip! Eventually Heather and Eric were off to the cities for a few days. Now we have them back and Chris and I got to hang out with them on Tuesday night. We played a game at their new place and then had ice cream at Culver's. It's a miracle we found a night we were all free!

Monday night was also a friend night. Jeff and Kelsey met Chris and I at Applebees and we all got a chance to catch up a bit. Kelsey brought ultrasound pics and the baby looks so cute! yay! It was mucho fun.

Oh what else....I've been working and Chris has been schooling/internshipping/working. He's got just this week of classes and then it's on to "spring" trimester which lasts until late June. Then he's got one class in late summer and three classes from Sept-Dec. and then he's DONE!

Easter seemed fun for my fam. I had to work, but did get to see the Hemmer side that night, but missed out on the Erickson side, poo. Oh well, I think they had fun without me, heehee.

It's been a good week, I've made some progress in the new job looking area, I shall update you if that progresses any furthur.

This past Tuesday and Wednesday I spent from 7a to 4p in class, called Orthopedics II. It's all filled with speakers discussing things pertinent to ortho nurses. It was actually really really good with perfect topics and good speakers. But it was long and I got sleepy a lot. I had it with 3 other nurses from my floor so that was nice!

Well, I think I'm out of things to say. I'm sure I missed a lot!

I'm sure you'll hear from me soon!

PS: my post-op patient today is hilarious, he like shouted my name when I entered the room like we were old friends. He's from the south, but he sounds Australian and he calls me "Bubsy" "Bubs" "Mum" "Hun" and so forth. I have never been called Bubsy (Bub-See) before, it's funny. He told me he's the happiest person in the hospital, I think he may be right. Wowee!

5 comments:

Christoph's Czarbach said...

Great update honey! I'm pretty sure that you covered it all. Holla!

granny said...

Way to go Bubsy. Good hearing from you. Missed you lots Easter.

Cheri said...

thanks for blogging. I figured you hadn't worked a night shift so no blog! Gotta love happy people!

Jackie said...

Hey Bubs,
Glad you finally found some time to Blog. seems like forever since i last talked to you. A whole 2 days :(
I saw Tiffany today, she brought a pt down from the ICU. I talk to her a little bit. eep

Annie said...

haha, i was missing you!
was that 66? i've had him too, he is hilarious. 'specially now that he can have ativan. hehe.

yes do update us on the job search...i am jealous; i am just waiting out the summer since i have a summer III, but good luck to you!