Friday, March 28, 2008

I Called It, Another Blog

I declare this the easiest shift (well there's 1 hour left of it) of my life. You may all think I never work hard because I only blog when I have time on my hands, but it's really not that often.
I have only 2 patients, we all do and they're so darn easy. The hours are dragging by. I suppose I have a bit less than an hour, but it feels like a lifettime. I dunno how many times I've checked facebook and email, too many to count.

Today was short, cuz I worked, but I woke up at 9:30. Chris pounced into the room and attacked me to wake me up. He had a ridiculous amount of energy and I did not. For some reason he gets up at like 8:30 or something. Perhaps he likes his alone time before I wake up, but then he misses me so much that he has to come wake me up. I got him to give me a back rub, heehee. Then I had some cereal while I put in my 2-cents worth on Chris' resume/cover letter as he updated them. He's applied for another job at Mayo, we'll see what happens.

I then went to work out as Chris left for b-ball. I worked out harder than usual. I ran on the tredmill for 16 mins and walked for 14 mins, alternating. Then I did a bunch of weight machines. I hope I'm sore in the am so I know I did some hard work! I got home in time to see Chris as he runs to the shower and changes into his fancy business clothes and thens runs out about 15 mins later for work. He got done at 5p, but here I sat at work, so I haven't seen him in a while. He told me he's going to my parent's tonight to get some help from daddy with his car. I love that he can just go over there and feel comfortable, that always makes me happy. There's nothing more I could hope for then my husband and parents being comfortable with eachother, yay yip yay.

Chris and I have been examining our future in depth lately and we've come to realize we just don't know what'll happen and we just have to wait and see for a lot of things. Although it's hard to not know what'll happen, it's also been good because it forces us to really rely on God and let him know we trust Him. It's very peaceful to just be able to say, ok, whatever you want God and just being able to know he'll take care of us. I feel so very blessed everyday to have God in my life and to be with my amazing husband. I also feel so blessed to have the family that I do and the friends too. To have a place to live, a job, food to eat, and to be safe and have a healthy family.

I'm excited that I have Sat, Sun, and Mon off. Tomorrow I shall work out and clean my home! Then I will hope that I can find someone to hang out with cuz my dear husband works at Culver's all night. Who wants to hang out with me??? Heehee. Sunday we'll finally be back in the 3-year old room, we've missed like a month with my weird weekend schedule lately. Monday, my baby brother leaves for Mexico with his friend Andrew and his family, along with some other friends. I'm so excited for him that he gets to fly for the first time. Then later in the week my Mom leaves with her sister Jodi and Grandma for a 4 day trip to Washington DC, just for fun.

Well, I guess I'm down to a half hour now.......hope it goes fast.

Bye friends.

7 comments:

Jackie said...

Are you two getting a divorce????

You never really clarified what you meant by "chris examining your future" (I know what you mean, just gotta tease ya)
You guys have a beautiful,spacious, clean updated, lovely townhouse and in due time (God's perfect timing) you will know it's time to start looking for something differnt. It's so lovely to see how you and Chris rely on God for your contentment which in turn brings you peace in knowing He is in control.
I'm glad your night is almost done, we got to hang with Chris for a bit tonight, now i'm just rambling......love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Brie Dawg-

You should have told me earlier that you had no plans tomorrow night- I also have this weekend and monday off! hahah never happens. But tomorrow night I made plans with my parents... should be fun.

By the way- you guys have a great home- I love it! At least it's not smoke-filled and it's in a great location and you don't have to do yard work- nice. I can already picture a nursery in there too when you decide to have little aliens of your own. Miss you!

Brianna said...

you guys are so sweet and funny, Kels, I love how you said "aliens". Call me if you're bored!

granny said...

So some day i'll be a little Alien's greandmother. WOW!! an Alien grandchild.

Brianna said...

FYI: examining our future does not mean we're getting divorced, I'm referring to jobs/homes, etc, jeesh people.

Brianna said...

Whew....I feel better now

Heather said...

Haha "aliens" nice. Life is full of lots of decisions, but I'm so glad God is there to hear our prayers and to lead us in the right direction. Keep seeking His plan and you'll figure everything out.

I wish we could have hung out on your weekend off but I was pretty busy all weekend with weddings and such. Hope to see you soon!!