Thursday, January 01, 2009

What, I have to float? I am shocked and alarmed......

Hello friends,

Here I write to you, once again from the medical ICU. I was here Saturday, yesterday, and today, it's my new unit apparently. In the past 2 weeks, I have worked 4 hours on my own unit. Today is ok, my patient is at least doing fairly well and by fairly I mean not actively deteriorating.

Yesterday, I got home just in time to celebrate the new year with Mom, Dad, Chris, Brice, Jenny, Ryan, Katie, Gavin, and Hunter. I arrived over at Mom's at about 11:45ish and they were all finishing up a rousing game of Catch Phrase. We watched the ball drop and drank some fake champagne. Fun fun fun.

Today, Gran E. invited us over for lunch. Our fam all came over, even Jenny. It was short but sweet, as I had to come to work. We played Bananagrams, a new game I got from Megan for xmas, it was fun, but Gran dominated. However, Mom did win a few herself. Jenny and I won nothin'! I need a re-match.

I have had a lunch date everyday this week and even one supper date. Monday I had lunch with Casey at Culver's before she had to go back to Kansas. It was nice really catch up with her. Tuesday I had lunch with Dad and Gavin at BB's Pizza follwed by watching Harry Potter I, haha. Wednesday I met with Cara at our traditional place, straight outta Mexico, Dos Amigos! She is already back in Cincinatti, so I'm glad I got to hang with her a lil' bit. Today was at Gran's and I guess we'll see what tomorrow holds. Kellie called me, so maybe it'll be lunch with her?! One of those nights Chris and I met Kelsey and Jeff for supper at Applebees! David was there and I got to feed him his dessert, he did a very good job eating, heehee.

On Saturday I get to help make invitations with all the Hemmer girls plus Katie for her and Ryan's wedding. Then I get to watch my lil' friend David while his mommy and daddy are at work.

Well, I need to go reposition my patient, it takes 4 people to do it, so I'll be searching for help for a good 15 mintues, so I better get started.

Happy 2009 :)
PS: I like 2009, fun things are coming!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my goodness...Not again! It's rediculous that you have to float that much! ! !
You should be ending the shift about now, bet you're glad it's over. Sleep tight..."out to lunch lady"

Heather said...

Ya know...if I had read your blog before I took your quiz I would have done way better sheesh. I had a lunch date with myself this week, me and the cleaning supplies. It was awesome.

Megan said...

You're cute...I like your pictures Brie. I can't wait to see little baby Audrey. She's going to be so beautiful!

Hope you get better at bananagrams! Isn't it fun?! gran had practice playing already..that's why she was so good!
muhahahaha