Thursday, December 04, 2008

Scottrade (and other new things for Chris)

Tomorrow, Friday, is Chris' last day at his internship.

He started at Scottrade last March and has been there since! It's an online discount stock trading company, I'm sure Chris could explain it better. But basically you can made trade online for a lot cheaper than at a brockerage company, but you don't get the personal advice from a broker.
I think he's had a pretty good time there, learned some things, and made a few buddies. There's only three of them at the Rochester branch, but there'll be 2 interns taking Chris' place, cuz he was so awesome, they need 2 people to do what he did, haha.

Today I went there and brought him and his boss man lunch from John Hardy's. I got to stay and eat with Chris. Troy is the manger and is very nice and Mike is another broker, but wasn't there today. We played office bocce ball and I won! Don't ask.....

I got to hang out for a bit, as business was a bit slow and I took some pictures to commerate this almost year of Chris' life at Scottrade. And here they are for your viewing pleasure.

Troy, the manger, on a very important phone call.

Scottrade!!!! On County Rd. 22 W, by Cinemagic.

Chris, hard at work (on Jamey's blog) haha.

My handsome business man.

The face of the company, he's the 1st you see when you walk in.
Sweet desk huh?
Now Chris'll have one whole week off before his IBM life starts, ahhh!
He'll be an official IBMer on Monday December 15th as a financial analyst.
Besides analyzing finances, we're not sure what exactly he'll be doing!
Chris is also DONE DONE DONE with his bachelor's degree (with a minor in MIS I might add) on December 9th!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!! So, I guess that leaves him from the 10th to the 15th with absolutely nothing to do!
So, lots of new fun things for my husband and can I say am I SOOOO proud of him!!!

6 comments:

Jackie said...

...and might I add that we are very proud of Chris as well.He is a hard worker and will do well at IBM. He's a good man Brie and you are very lucky to have him. I especially like the picture of Chris at his desk (very cool)

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

congratulations chris! Way to go! Best of luck!

granny said...

Hey dog Congrates to you from the granny hood.

Moosekahl said...

Congratulations Chris! A job well done.

Cheri said...

Well done Chris!