Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Night

Hello, I am here at St. Mary's and you are sleeping.

It's 3:30am, 4 hours to go....
It's about this time when I so want to go in my cozy bed! I'm just dying to be home! It' s not so bad here though. My 4 patients are sound asleep and I forsee them staying that way, cross your fingers, but that also leaves me with nothing to do. I've talked with co-workers, read magazines, talked to my cousin online for 2 hours, ate some food, ate more food, tried to find fun things to do on the internet, etc. And now, I'm bored and sick of looking at the computer screen.

I'm on the Alfred side, the smaller hall of my unit and there's only me and one other nurse here. So, it's very quiet.

Let's see, on Friday, I got to be a part of a lil' surprise party for my cousin Jill, who just turned 16. It was a lot of fun, we surprised her at Holiday Inn, long story, and got to swim and such. On Saturday, which was technically yesterday, I tried to sleep as long as I could so I could stay up all night (now) and I made it until about 11:00, but I woke up a lot. It was kinda fun to stay in bed. Then I watched an episode of America's Next Top Model, in my jammies, and finally got up and went to lunch with Chris (after he got done with class) at Erb's. We then went and worked out at the Dan Abe. Chris had to work at 3:30, so I went over to my parent's house and had supper with them. Thanks Mama! It was yummy sketti. Then I left from there to work, where I have now been for the past 7 hours.

I have a pain pill to give at 4:00am, which is comin' up, hahaha, it's my one big task to accomplish :)
I figure if I were a patient and I was sound asleep I'd like to be left alone, so I've been leaving my patients alone. I've been peeking in on the ones who have their doors open to see that they're breathing.

Hmm, I now have, what appears to be, a small mosquito bite on my wrist. This just happened, great, there's a spider on me somewhere and I just got a posionous bite. Weird!

Well, I guess I'll go now. I'll be sleeping from like 8a to 3p today! Then I come back here for one more overnight.

See ya alls.
~Brie

3 comments:

granny said...

Sweet dreams when you finally get to sleep. Dang spiders. They better leave my granddaughter alone or they will have to contend with ME.

Heather said...

The spider probably laid eggs inyour skin Brianna, I'd watch out if I were you. muahaha On that happy note...have a lovely slumber and a wonderful evening.

Jackie said...

1/2 the way done...Sleep well on Monday