Monday, November 12, 2007

Night 2 of 2, yes!

Well, it's 4:08am and we have been busy! Time has flown by and now I am finally sitting down to relax and I only have about 3 hours left. I have a bunch of things to do starting around 6:00am, so I have a couple hours to hang out.

I started with 3 patients and I now have 5. I got one admission at like 8:00p last night and one admission at 2:00am, a few hours ago. A sweet little lady. The nurse working with me tonight also got an early morning admission, so we've been busy! Everybody's falling and breakin' things tonight!

Things start to get a little harder to keep track of and organize once you get up to 5 patients. It's do-able at night while they mostly sleep, but I'm starting to forget their names and which is in which room, hahaha. Don't worry though, we have our cheat sheets in our pockets.

My patients are all pretty good. One lady is a bit confused and is being quite illogical, but she's not bad. I really couldn't ask for better, they're all sleeping pretty well.

I'm very excited to go home and sleep. However, I'll need to wake up after 5 hours of sleep to go see my child at Ben Franklin for Kid's Hope. This week we're doing homework and playing a game I think and maybe drawing with the new markers my mom bought for me to use with her, thanks Mom!

Yesterday, when I got home from work, I slept from 8a until 1:45 ish. I just woke up wide awake and went to hang out with my sweet husband who was doing homework all day. I went and worked out and then Chris and I went to Applebees! It's fun to go out to eat right before I come do an overnight. And that's all and here I am. I'm excited for way later today when I'm done with everything and I can just hang out! I have Tues off, but it's back here for Wed, Thurs, and Fri day shifts. I haven't had a day shift in almost a month! I'm kinda glad though; I had enough evenings for a while!

Well, my pinkie is hurting for some reason, so I'll say bye. Thanks for reading my blog!

Love you all!
~Brianna Marie Lewis

2 comments:

granny said...

Sweet dreams when you finally get to sleep.

Jackie said...

It was fun to see you at 07:30. Come visit me any time in "Interventional Radiology"