Monday, July 09, 2007

Why won't it let me enter a title....so strange....well, this is entitled:

"Awake When I Should be Sleeping Part II"

I'm here on my second overnight. Thank goodness it's the 2nd night, makes it a little easier knowing I don't have to do it for 6 wks! I just have to get through the next 7 hours. It's only 12:30am, all 4 of my glorious patients are sleeping comfortably. I have 4 totally different patients than last night. Usually we get the same ones, but it didn't work that way today, but that' s okay, I like my new ones too. I have an 18 year old, a 60 year old, a 78 year old, and a 94 year old, quite the range there. They're all very pleasant and I think are good sleepers, so far.

Tonight I brought more food in hopes to prevent the nausea I had last night from 2-6am, ick. I have soup and beef jerky, hahaha, it looked good.

I got home a little before 8am yesterday and slept until 3pm (Sunday). Then Chris and I went to Target and Erb's and Gerb's. Yum yum. It's fun to go out and get some food with Chris and just sit and chit-chat before I have to go back to work. Before I knew it, it was 6:15-ish and I had to go!

Now here I am. Yesterday I didn't get the chance to go get food in the cafeteria at 2am, so hopefully today I will. I want popcorn and pop, yummmmm. It's nice to just get off the floor for a while too. You don't get breaks on night shifts, but in a way you do because you're not as busy, but you never leave and leave your patients in someone else's hands, so you never really get a break.

Tomorrow, after I sleep for a while, I'm excited, I'm going up to Minneapolis with Chris. He's starting a summer class at Augsburg. This fall he'll take Augsburg classes in Roch, but the summer class is in Mnpls. If all goes as planned I will get to see cousin Megan and brother Brice while Chris is in class. Then hopefully, Chris can come see Brice's place after his class is done!

Chris is called an Auggie (Aww-Gee) cuz he goes to Augsburg now, hehehe. Today I called him that, I think it can be his new nick-name...Auggie, heehee.

I've had 2 pops so far and I need another one. I bet my breath smells really bad from this beef jerky. I keep thinkin' someone will come around the corner and I'll be tugging on beef jerky with my teeth and have a big chunk in my teeth. hahah, like a dawwwwg. The way my patient's room are postitioned on the floor tonight, I'm kinda stuck at a desk by myself for the night. I just get up every so often and go visit the girls down the hall, otherwise I'll die of boredom and seclusion.

Jeff and Kelsey taught the 2-year old at church for us today, well yesterday now, I wonder how that went......

Hmm.....well, I guess I'll go. Maybe I'll write another blog later....

Adios and God Bless.
Love, Brie

3 comments:

granny said...

The night shifts are a bummer. It's hard to stay awake sometimes. The first time I had to work one I was on for 6 weeks, cuse there was no one esle trained in yet. Oh Doggie.

Megan said...

Cuzzin, can't wait to see you!

love you to pieces.

Jackie said...

Sounds like a good night, and Whew.... done for 6weeks, yip yip. Sorry I didnt get an e-mail out to you, my back was aching and I just needed to be in bed.

Have fun tonight...i wanna here all about you and chris's adventure asap Love Mom