Sunday, July 29, 2007

3 wks later...

I noticed that last I updated was the dreaded overnights, and now, I just finished my weekend day shifts! It's such a good feeling to finish a weekend at work, cuz it's 24 hours total in 2 days!

I'm not even going to attempt to remember what I've done lately, but I think of something...

Chris started his Augsburg class in Minneapolis! It's a 5 week class, 2 wks left now, that meets 2X/wk. I went up with him twice now and was able to hang out with Megan, Brice, and Jenny, wait, have I already blogged this??? Hmm...well anyhoo, here it is again.

I have been working, trying to work out more, and hangin' out with friends and the fam.
Chris and I went to the movie Ratatouille and Kelsey, Casey, Sharalyn, Mom, and I went to No Reservations. Both movies were very good!!

I went boating once with the Hemmer's, hung out with Sam and Jensen on their weekend here, saw Cara and her new chickens, and succeeded in my mission to kill the ants the surround my house. It took several days of terro and the determination of a warrior!!! yes!!!!

Work was pretty decent this weekend. Today I floated from 11-3 to the "Vent Unit" short for ventilator, which means patients need assistance in BREATHING. I'm like, ok, how am I qualified to work on this floor??? Apparently I am, but they gave me 2 super easy patients who are almost ready to go home.

I had fun with one of my patients this weekend. I had her both days and her daughter was there too. We just joked around, made fun of each other, and got a lot done. It's very rare that I'm sad to say bye to someone, but I was sad to say bye to them. They both gave me a hug and that was that. I'll probably never see them again, since I have Mon-Wed off this week!

Tomorrow, Cara and I are going shopping somewhere in the cities or those whereabouts until 5:45, at which time we will visit cuzzin Megan! We'll get to see her place! Yip yip I'm excited. Tuesday, not sure what I'm doing. Wednesday morning I have an appointment with Casey at 8:30am to be the "certified nurse" that assesses her Tuberculosis test, hahah, so yeh, I decide if she has Tuberculosis or not, hehehe. She gets a little injection and then 2 days later it has to be looked at to see that it looks normal, or not. So, instead of driving an hour to get it looked at for 2 seconds, she can come see me. I'm charging her $50, but she doesn't know this yet, playin'

Today was my Grandpa's b-day party and I had to miss it, sad day.....
Also, tomorrow is Nate Dietzman's big surgery, he's my dear friend Cara's little brother, so he's my friend too and if anyone would like to shout out a prayer for a successful surgery, that would be fabulous!

I'm sitting on my bed right now with my comp, it's kinda fun to take it out of the "office" and type on it elsewhere. Might as well utilize the wireless. I moved in here cuz Chris is talkin' away to Mr. Jeff Chesney about various Culver's issues and I cannot listen and type at the same time. My brain doesn't work like that. Same way how I can't listen to music and read at the same time. Hehehe. Chris just said, "Definetely, there's plenty of other places that'll give him a more flexible schedule." Who is HE I wonder, hahaha.

Welp, I guess I'll end this up here. I hope you all have a good week, feels like my weekened is starting now!
Peace to all, bye bye.

9 comments:

granny said...

Enjoyed your update Brie. You were dearly missed yesterday. Glad your hubby could join us. Have a fun few days off.

Megan said...

Cuzzin...i cannot wait to see you, ok?!
please drive safe and be safe with Cara! At least there is something to look forward to today. UGH!

PUH.

Christoph's Czarbach said...

Yo! Very nice update honey and that was a nice little quote that you did from our conversation last night. I'll have you know that I didn't actually say "him" I'm pretty sure I said "them" referring to the Culver's employees. I just thought that I'd clear that up for you. Holla!

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny that our husbands talk more than we do- hahaha.

Jackie said...

Those two boys are worse then women....HA

Nice update Brie. I hope you and cara had a blast (and megan too). I'm pretty sure dad is thinking "Carlos" tomorrow. you better give him a Holla.
Cant wait to hear how your trip to the cities went.

Cindy's Closet said...

I'm glad you had a better work schedule this week. I'm also very happy you can take time to see Meggie Loo Hoo! She loves to see family! Chris is one funny dude. He fits in well with all of us. We are glad he was able to come to the party but we missed you, Megan, Jamey, Kate,& Brice & Jenni too. Boo Hoo! Have a great week!

Christoph's Czarbach said...

Brianna, you had better talk to yo' momma and let her know that it's about to get real messy in this house yo! Holla!

Jackie said...

Ohhhhh you did not just say that Chris, mmmmmmmmm hummmmmmmmm

Christoph's Czarbach said...

Better believe it suckaaah!