Monday, January 29, 2007

My Husband Threw Me a Lil' Shindig!!!

Well, yesterday went from not so great to very fun!

I got up and got all ready for church and then my engine wouldn't start, it was trying so hard, but no. So, I was like, ok, I'll just stay here and read my bible. As I was doing this, my dad came and took me to church. I was thinking okay, we're going to be very late, but ok. Turns out I didn't miss much anyway. The place was packed though. I've never been that late and Dad and I sat in the back on folding chairs! It was nice to see so many people there though. Two kids got baptized so that was awesome as well. Then just the four of us (Mom, Dad, Gavin, and I) went to the mall. Then the parents took me home and Pa took my car to Sam's for a new battery. I waited for Chris to get home so I could use his car to go to a baby shower.

I went to a shower for Melissa, I girl I know from working as Culver's. She introduced me as her managers wife, ahhaha, I like the sound of that. And then someone who doesn't know Chris was like, "Oh, you're Scott's wife?" I was like, "NO!" ahahah, everyone just burst into laughter, because everyone else knows I'm married to Chris and Scott is old enough to be my dad, no offense to Scott or anything, he's a very nice guy. It was fun though, we played little games. I wond slippers and socks for guessing the most baby food flavors. I only got 4 out of 10 right, but sadly that was the best.


Then I came back in time for peeps to come over to our place for a little party. Chris invited the fam. over for cake and icecream for my b-day (which is on Wednesday). This was the first birthday gathering at our place, very fun! Brad, Julie, Kellie, Jill, Gran and Gramps Erickson, Mom, Dad, Gavin, and Susan came, along with Chris and I. It was a nice amount, not too crowded in our downstairs. I got a bunch of neat things from people! I will show ya pictures, but I got a very cool outfit from Mom and Dad along with a PERFECT cookie jar. I have been looking for the right cookie jar and it didn't exist until Mom found one online. I'm particular because we have an awesome cookie jar growing up, so I couldn't just have any old thing, heehee. I also got cute earring to match the outfit. The Hemmers got me a cute shirt from Maurices, earring, some moola, and a little girraffe with angel wings key chain, compliments of Kellie, what a goof, but hey, it's already on my key chain. Susan got me a Valentine's day towel, some monies, socks, jammies, candy!!!! Gran & Gramps Hemmer were sick, but Susan brought their present to me of some money and cozy socks that match my robe :) Gramps and Gran E. got me money and Gran sewed a design onto these clothes for each day of the week, very cute!!!!!! Sorry if I forgot something, but I loved it all! Chris has something up his sleve for me on Wednesday, what could it be??? I dunno.


Mom made two cakes and Chris bought 3 icecream types and it was yum-mee. Susan also brought her famous taco dip!!!! It was so nice to have everyone over!

Now I'm sitting here Monday at 1:23. Chris had an hour break between classes and we went to Erb's. The store is cut in half now so it looks weird, but it still tasted good. Now I have an hour-ish before I must leave for my evening shift, or as I learned from Brad and Mom last night, the "relief" shift, never heard of that, but apparently that's what many refer to the evening shift as. So, I will go work the relief and be relieved that I have Tues/Wed off!!!! Yip Yip Yip.

Here are some pictures, have a wonderful week....


Yay, my fav! Angel food with the special frosting!


Chris and Mom doing the cake/icecream thing.


Chris modeling my jammies!

Chris was very excited to see that the new cookie jar came with cookies!


The giffafe keychain!

4 comments:

granny said...

Chris makes a good model.

Heather said...

Aww..how sweet. Chris is a very good husband throwing my Brianna a special birthday shindig 3 days before your birthday! Can we go out to ice cream Thursday night to celebrate with me?! You're a very lucky girl my friend, I miss coming back to the apartment and chatting with you. Can you come visit for like 4 months? Chris wont mind.

Anonymous said...

What a fun party it was indeed. Your Christopher is a sweetie to have all the peeps over. Glad you liked all yo stuffs

Christoph's Czarbach said...

sweet partay it was errbody was up in the pad and it was goin' down! That's riiighhht, we bout had the PO-lice up in that place trying to ruin our fun cause that place was hoppin' yo!! :)