Friday, December 22, 2006

A Special Day

Today was neato. First, Chris and I went to pick up Gavin from his friend's house. We all three went to B-Dubbs, it was yummy, Gavin got wings, of course. Then Chris dropped me off at Target, to meet Kellie and Jill, while he and Gavin went and rented a PS2 game to play.
Kellie, Jill, and I bought supplies to make cream cheese mints and pickle hams for Christmas Eve. We came over here to to my place to make them. Everything I do with Kellie and Jill turns out to be fun, funny, or just a good story to tell, and today turned out to be no different.
Susan gave us excellent direction as to how to make the mints, but of course, it didn't go so smoothly. We had to mix powdered sugar and cream cheese to make a play-doh like dough. But no, all it is tiny balled up cream cheese chunks laying in a bowl of powdered sugar. We had to call Susan at work twice for reassurance that indeed we where making it correctly. Turns out you have to mix it for like 10 minutes and then use your hands to make it even more like. Somehow the dry balled up power magically turned to dough. We had fun choosing flavors and colors. We ended up with purple raspberry gingerbread men, green mint leaves, and red french vanilla hearts. Then I thought it would be fun to combine green and yellow to make a 4th color. It turned out looking like diarrhea, so yeh, I made one leaf outta that just to be funny. So, some lucky family member shall be blessed by the poo colored leaf. Us girls hung out for a bit, then they went home for din.
Soon Cara's coming over to watch a movie with me, yip yip. Oh, last night was fun too, I went to Kellie's meet and then to Happy Feet with Cara!!! Fun!!!
I work 7a to 7p Sat and Sun and 7a to 3:30p on Christmas, puh. Oh well, it'll be ok, my family's making little adjustments so I don't have to miss everything, but I will miss waking up with my husband on Christmas morning :( but we're gonna do presents on the 26th.
Here are some special pictures from today with my cuzzins!
Kellie cannot get the consistency right and I had to step in and help.

This will eventually be dough? ok...

Kellie~Brianna~Jill
"Special"












2 comments:

Christoph's Czarbach said...

you three are basically the female version of The 3 Stooges! I really think there could be a reality show with you three, wow! Anytime you three are together, it is not cool, mostly dangerous! I'm glad you three had fun once again on your little adventures

Jackie said...

Big chuckle for me so early in the morning. You will forever have great memories to pass on to your children, I hope you 3 stay close throughout adulthood. Yay for cousins :)