Tuesday, March 28, 2006

No, I will not follow Hitler!

Hi, I thought I'd shock myself and update. Whoa.

So, today was interesting. My nursing class went to NURSE'S DAY ON THE HILL. Which means a bunch of nurses go to the capitol and lobby for nursing related issues like trying to get rid of mandatory overtime. To my surprise however, the whole day was basically about universal health care for our country. The people speaking were very influential about this and they made universal health care sound great, therefore, my classmates all started cheering, chanting, singing, yes singing, and holding up signs. And I, as usual, was not in agreement with everyone else. I need to know more about things, especially things I'm pretty sure I don't agree with, before I decide to chant about them and make signs.

As I watched my classmates cheer and hollar about something they really don't know much about, the word Hitler came to mind. Lol, sorry, not funny. But I always wonder how all those Germans followed Hitler when he was so mean and crazy, but I saw today how easily people can follow things just cuz it sounds good or because whoever is talking about it is a great and enthusiastic speaker. I know today and the whole Hitler thing are quite different, but you get the point. So yeh, it was interesting. I did not take a sign, or a button, or sing the creepy universal health care song to the theme of Roll Out The Barrel, so corny, wow.

So, my friend Tiffany and I said, ok, enough of this craziness, and we explored the capitol building. This led us to an undergroud hallway which took us to another building. We eventually got outside and found ourselves like 3 blocks away from the capitol. We thought that was quite amusing. Before all this occured we all got to have lunch. So, a few of my friends and I were randomly searching St. Paul on foot for a restaurant. Finally, after no luck, we asked someone who directed us to a mall that had a small food court, it was dece. After this my jaw started to ache quite badly (it's still not back to normal) so I was greatful that it was soon time to go. I slept all the way to Wabasha.

Tonight I did lots of things, I did homework, I read my bible, I talked to Dad, Casey, and Heather and Eric.
And of course I talked to my amazing fiance, of whom I am so very proud and so very honored to be engaged to :)

Then, Casey and I went to McDonalds and had a lil' "shnackie" Then we watched the floor near us get swept three times in a row, by different people, hahhahh, talk about a bad use of their time. Maybe Casey and I were so interesting that they had to keep finding ways to come to where we were sitting, yeh, that's probably why. Then I took lots of pictures with Hut's camera and she appreciated it, a lot. Now, I am drinking old pop and considering watching part of a movie, even though I have to get up in about 8 hours.

I feel very good about today. I feel like I leared a lot today about a lot of things and I was very productive and even got to see my roomies for a while.

I am only sad cuz I missed Brice and Megan's calls and it's too late to call them back, although, knowing the two of them, they'll be up for hours!

MMMkay, love you all dearly

Bye friends.

4 comments:

granny said...

very intresting dude.

Anonymous said...

I laughed hysterically as I thought of you chanting and waving signs. That WOULD NOT be my daughter. SOunds like you had a good day, (minus the jaw ache). Its ok that you missed Brice's phone call, cuz I got to talk to him. Love you

Heather said...

Thanks for taking all those beautiful pictures with my camera, my favorite would have to be the picture of the DVD player or perhaps the outlet. Haha you funny, im glad i got to see you for more than 5 minutes yesterday!

Megan said...

love you Brie....i just wanted to have a picnic with you...but it's ok that it didn't work out. i spent some time by myself and i was a sicky yesterday anyway, so i went to bed early and got up with the sun..or a couple hours after it. anyway...i'm proud of you Brie...for thinking things through and for being awesome! BUNNY HANDS!