Friday, December 09, 2005

The Good Things of Fall Semester 05'


In no specific order:

My roomates: HUT and Casey, who never fail to make me laugh, be weird with me, listen to me, and support me during tough weeks, girls, you are the greatest, I'd be so lonely here without you. We have the weirdest jokes and stories; I love living with you guys.

My family: I have the best family. My parents are a never-ending source of support in every possible way. Thank you so much. I love you both so much, you are the two most amazing people I know. My brothers are also wonderful, they make me giggle and I love them. Also my amazing extended family, like those who read my blog: Jodi, Gran. E, and uncle Rick, and cuzzin Megan.

My fiance: Today marks exactly a year, according to my diary, that I knew I loved Chris. I remember the exact conversation we were having a year ago tonight that made me realize instantly I knew I'd marry him. (and we weren't even dating!) Chris you are such a joy and blessing to me. Thank you for always understanding me, listening to me, and making me laugh. I love you X infinity.

Non-school friends: Cara Marie, my girl cousins: Kellie, Jill, and Megan, and Kelsey Marie: you girls are always making me laugh, giving me words of encouragement, and just being the great friends that I love. I am so appreciate of you all.

Nursing friends: like Sooi, Tiffany, Mel, and Nurgul, you guys are the ones who know exactly what we go through, it's go good to have you to make it through this with!

Discovery Health Channel: hours of non-stop entertainment and ER in the morning.

Culver's of Winona: you guys have the organization level of a slug, but I still love you and your food, as evidenced by the weekly to biweekly visits with my dear Hut and C-dawg, yum yum.
(also to Chris (the employee, not my fiance) for being a married, college-aged-shimmying-leprechaun with a good heart and a decent upbringing (right Casey?, heehee))

Chula Vista: Pico Paco, need I say more.

Walmart: there's no place like Walmart, it makes me feel at home.

My car: it finally works, we've been through tough times this semester, like 5 towings, and hundreds of dollars down the drain, but you're still truckin'

My blog/facebook/and email: without whom I would have no way to waste time and slack while studying.

Gilmore Girls: I love that show and I owe it all to Kelsey.

Women of Faith: a wonderful conference I went to in October

David Crowder/Shane and Shane/Newsboys: My favorite groups of the semester that make awesome songs for me to listen to, also the Crowder concert!! whoo!!

My dark grey Gap hooded sweatshirt: my #1 most cozy thing to wear, often more than once a week, and I've had it since 9th grade at least.

My mental health and community health clients

The nurses at Wabasha Public Health: the best group of nurses I've ever worked with.

Teachers like Susanne, Linda S., Judy, Jo, and Karen who with work us and not against us.

Fountain pop: if you don't know why fountain pop is great, than I'm not even gonna try to explain it to you. Chris and Mom, I know you can relate.

Movies: I liked watching them when I had time.

Cottage cheese: ate it all semseter long, haha. (I threw this in for you HUT)

Upobidan: the child Chris and I are sponsoring from Ghana.

The Bible: one of the most helpful verses I've ever read that God showed me this semester:
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:26-28

Last and Most Importantly: God: where do I start, there are no words. The best I can do is that I would be a complete mess without Him. He has taught me so much in my years of college as well as this semester. He is my joy, my purpose, my peace and my hope. He is my best and most perfect friend and savior. He leads me, walks beside me, and holds me in His hand. Lord, you are all I need and your very presence is my life.

There are so many more good things that I know I'm forgetting, like cookies and snow and chocolate and the cool calender my mom made that I look forward to changing every month and my white board and my markers, hahah.

I'm pretty much done with the semester, except for a take home test due Monday. So, this is my semster wrap-up.

Thanks for being part of my good things, all you blog readers out there. Love you all.

Love, Brianna

6 comments:

granny said...

teachers?
who with work us not against us. Brie you really need a break.
love ya and see ya soon

Cindy's Closet said...

Ahem! I read too (& enjoy) ya know!

Anonymous said...

You done good Brie, I'm proud of you in everyway possible. :)
Yo Momma

Brianna said...

Oh Cindy, you do read my blog, I'm sorry, I knew I'd forget someone!!! I love you too!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brie....I get the fountain soda pop thing too...nothing is better to quench a thirst..Auntie Jodi

Heather said...

I love living with you as well. You are one of the few who get to see my craziness..haha For some reason silent laughing with you popped in my head. Do we do that a lot?? lol Its painful. See you soon my friend.