Tuesday, July 28, 2009

14 Weeks

****I just put Audrey down for a nap, her morning one. Usually I take a nap too, but I actually didn't feel incredibly tired so I thought I'd stay up and do fun computer things. Also, I've been having such a hard time falling asleep at night, so maybe skippin' the nap will help.
****Audrey has been such a blast this week. I worked the weeked and Chris had her the whole time, overnight. At some point over the weekend, she gave him her first little giggle. Then yesterday my mom got her to giggle, and I got one outta her this morning! It's so fun to see her react that way. She's also now grabbing things. In her exersaucer she grabs the toys and if I put a toy on her tummy she picks it up and puts it in her mouth. She also reaches her arms straight up to reach for our faces when she's laying down. When I go to get her out of her crib she sees me and opens her mouth in a giant smile and wiggling her arms and legs like crazy. It's so fun to see her recognize us and get so excited about it! She has some new squeals and cooes as well. She grabs her feet sometimes and is not rolling over yet, but seems to try sometimes. She holds her head way up now and get her whole chest off the ground. She falling asleep for naps easier as well. Her new thing is that she's been sucking her thumb. I just put her down and she spit out her pacifier and put in her thumb! Also now it's harder to read to her cuz she grabs the pages! She's such a fun girl and we love her so much!
****Audrey has now decided that she doesn't want to nurse anymore. She only wants it from a bottle! What a stinker. Now I have to pump all the time cuz I really want her to have my milk. She gets my milk most of the day, but maybe 1-2 formula bottles as well. Sorry if you didn't want to know all this :) She's also drinking 6oz now! So, I went out yesterday and got a bunch of big bottles, now that we need more of them! It's quite a system pumping, washing bottles, filling bottes, washing bottles, and so on and so on. I think I've become quite efficient. Chris does it too (makes bottles and washes them, not pumps, hahahahahahahahahah).
****My mom and dad and Chris and Audrey went to down by the riverside to watch Gene's band play (a family friend). I guess when Audrey heard the loud music she grabbed onto Chris and buried her head down on his shirt :) She didn't cry, but just layed there, hanging on, as if to say, " Daddy, keep me safe, I'm not sure about this loud noise!" Then she took a nap on her Grandma and woke up and had lots of fun looking at all the people and the trees :) I wish I would have been there! (I was at work) Chris had a good weekend with her, I think. He had to get up once at 4am to feed her, but he said it wasn't bad. He is such a good Daddy and takes such good care of her.
****Our blogging/facebook stuff is being highly monitored now at work so I won't really talk about it, but I'd have 4 shifts back and it's been as good as expected. I'd rather be home, it's hard to leave Audrey, but it's been going fine. Both Great-Grandma's have had a turn at watching her before Chris gets home. We're so lucky to have so many wonderful family members in town! I'm so grateful to all of them and all their help! Grandma Mary also came over one day to watch Audrey while I had an appt for my gallbladder.
****So, I do have stones in my gallbladder due to pregnancy and that was the cause of my severe pain. I can't remember if I've talked about this before. I won't get into it, but let's just say worse pain of my life or maybe even with giving birth, thought I was dying, and turns out it's a gallstone. Wow, so much pain for such a little thing. So, I met with a surgeon and he says I can call him up when and if I want surgery to get the gallbladder out. I haven't had an attack in a while, so maybe it's over? Please!
****Oh what else...my friend Casey went back to Kansas (I miss you!) I'm glad I got to see her a few times this summer, although I wish it were more! My dear friend Cara is coming home from Ohio this week, for a few days! I'm so excited to see her! She was here when Audrey was like 3 weeks, so she'll be amazed at how big she's gotten!
****Yesterday was a lot of fun. My mom came over and we went to a Chinese buffet, Target and back to my place. Audrey was fun and giggled for her grandma. Mom bought Audrey a floating pool thing. Audrey can sit in it and float! It has a shade over it too :) I got her a suit and "lil swimmers" which are diapers for the water. We're going to camp this summer so I thought I'd try it out and see if she can handle the lake... Later we went to Tinns with Mom and Gavin and back to their house to play outside. Mom, Dad, Chris, Audrey, and I went on a walk to the Dietzman's house. Cheri, Kirk, Danae, her b/f Mike, and 2 of their little cousins were there, some swimming, some not. We chit-chatted for a bit and left before Audrey got hungry. Then Audrey went to bed at 10:30 and got up a little before 7:30 (almost 9 hours, I like it!)
Okay, I better add some pics and wrap this up!

Sittin' in the bumbo seat!

On my tummy, makin' spit bubbles

Playing and giggling with Daddy! (I threw up on his face this morning, haha!)
I grabbed my puppy and now I'm gonna eat him
My little swimmer

The bottle mania

Grabbin' another toy

My cool new glasses my uncle Jay got me (Gavin's good friend)


Hope you liked the update :)

7 comments:

Megan said...

she's such a big girl! So cute! I think her eyes remind me of Brice's when he was a little baby...she definitely has some Hemmer in her! the bigger she gets, the more she looks like her mommy! She's so beautiful! Thanks for the wonderful update Brie! It was great to read what you've been up to. can't wait to see you soon!
all my love,
CWMPBR (blog reader)

Jackie said...

Way to update sweetie. You could probably write a book with all the fun stuff happening in your life right now. Audrey is precious as usual, I love looking at her pictures over and over again

Cindy's Closet said...

She's getting soooo big! I can't stand it! Precious!

granny said...

Great up date. Love the pictures. Way to go Audery barfing in the face. Your grandma used to barf down her daddy's back and ib his shirt pocket.

Anonymous said...

I remember the bottle thing (not like it was that long ago)... I found what really helps is to have as many bottles as you need for an entire day, then at the end of the day throw them in the dishwasher to let them clean, and then take them out in the morning! Works wonders and saves lots of time!

Casey said...

Aaaaw...I miss you as well! I am glad I got to see you as much as I did (also wish it was more) But...I will be back!!!! Loves!

Heather said...

Hey our hotel has internet so I can actually read people's blogs! Nice update!