Monday, December 17, 2007

Whatnot and Such

I have pictures to put up, but I'm at work, so I cannot, but will later.

This past weekend was super super super fun. Here's why it was fun....Mom and I went on a lil' trip Fri-Sat.

First of all. Friday morning my dear friend Kelsey and I went to see our dear friends Heather and Casey graduate from WSU. The four of us are now all officially WSU Alumni!!!! It's been pretty neat to know these girls and be their roomates and see them go from freshman to graduated!!! I'm so proud! The ceremony was less exciting then starting at a wall, but it was worth it to see my girls walk up and get their diploma (or the holder for it) and to see them afterwards.

Friday night my mom and I left for a just-for-fun jaunt to the cities and surrounding area. We drove up to Burnsville and stayed at a lovely hotel. We went to the mall there and then to a super yummy restaurant called Old Chicago, so good! Then we went to a late movie in Lakeville of "I am Legend" with Will Smith, who knew it would be absolutely terrifying?! We didn't! But we were watching it through our fingers and shreaking. Ugh, so scary, but good. We enjoyed our cozy and fluffy beds and the continental breakfast. We then made our way to the Southdale mall in Edina. Here I spent all the x-mas $$$ people have given me to spend. I spent it all at my fav store: New York and Co. The total was $280.00, but due to coupons and discounts, it came to $118!!!! $100 of that was paid for my the grandparents and $15 of it by mom, leaving me with only $3.00 to pay out of $280.00, YES! I love it. PS: I would NEVER spend $280.00 on clothes, this was only made possible by the discounts. heehee.
Then we got to have lunchy lunch with Bricey Brice at a place called Bonfires, also very yummy. Then we checked out one more small mall, but we think we got the directions wrong and went to the wrong place, oh well. I also got some 50% off cozy things from Old Navy. Fun fun. It was fun to hang out just Mom and I and be all goofy and such. Mom was scaring me all night pretending to be the creepy aliens from the movie, heehee. Eventually we had to come home....

But, home was good too. I got to hang out with my husband, who forced me to work out with him, well he didn't force me, he's just a really good influence. We fianlly got to go to church together. I was wondering if people think we split up, cuz we're always there seperately, heehee. We taught our 2-3 year old about the shepards getting the message from the angel that Jesus was born. They are so cute. After I tell them the bible story, I quiz them.

This is me "The shepards visited baby Jesus!!" Then I ask them, "Who visiited baby Jesus?"
They all reply with a loud shout "God!" heehee, God is their answer to every question, I think that they think they'll just get the answers right if they say God. One of the kids gave us a gift card to Hollywood, fun huh? Afterwards we went to the mall and ate lunch with all the Hemmers and then some. Gavin and I watched the home movie of the day he was born, it's so cute. I remember it like it was yesterday, so it's fun to watch, because I remember what I was thinking. It shows me holding him for the first time, hard to believe he was so little.

Today, I slept in and decided to be a slug, it was very very fun. I had Kid's Hope @ 1:00-2:00, which was fun. And then I've been at work since.
I'm just waiting for the next nurse to take over for me in about 10-15 mins. I taped the finale of Little People and the new John&Kate + 8, so I'm excited to get cozy in bed and watch them!!!

I work tomorrow and Wed and then the overnight weekend, and then it's Christmas!!! I have the 24th, 25th, and 26th off. Then on the 27th I work an evening shift and it's our first day in the NEW UNIT!!! YESSSSSS. I had orientation there last week and I got to practice with the overhead lift system. They used me as a patient so I got to fly through the room and yell out, "I'm Peter Pan!" heehee, it'll be awesome, I can't wait. Today I slammed my hip into a chair and knocked over someone's water cuz our rooms are too small. \

Well, I better get going. Adios!

4 comments:

granny said...

Great update Brianna. It was enjoyed much.

Heather said...

Haha I am picturing you flying through the air like peter pan. Special girl. Sounds like a fun weekend with the mom! I glad you get to enjoy Christmas with the family and not at work!! Hope to see you soon!

Jackie said...

ya goof...i think you're a little manic

Brianna said...

I know I'm manic, I just haven't been officially diagnosed.