Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Better Week

This past weekend was fun...

On Saturday Cara and I hung out, we ate at Dos Amigos, it's kinda our thing to do, and went to the mall for a bit. Pretty soon it was time to head over to Mom's for the b-day party. Lots of family was there and we celebrated Dad turning 49 and Brice turning 21. (They have the same b-day for any who do not know that). It was fun hanging out with everyone, I just love my family.

Sunday, Chris and I hung out with the 2-3 year olds talking about Noah and the Ark in Sunday school, heehee, they're so cute and fun. Then we went to church and out to the mall. We celebrated my uncle Denny's b-day there and Susan (my aunt, his wife) brough cake, 2 days in a row for the cake count. Then Christopher went to work and I headed on over to the Hemmer's to watch the Gymnastics World Championships on Brad's giganto television. Apparently it was not in high-def, to Brad's disappointment, but it looked pretty darn cool to me! It was fun to see gymnastics again and see the new talent, it's hardly ever on tv. Now I'm excited for the olympics this summer. Cara and I hung out again that evening, went to a movie and such. It was nice to have her home for the weekend! Thanks for hanging with me Cara!

On Monday, I had to work. Oh my goodness what a hassle that day was. Ugh...so many problems. My day revolved around faxing, phone calling, and consulting social workers with issues over a patient with no health care and $5000 worth of drugs to pay for out of pocket, yeh right. What a mess.

Monday night, Chris and I traveled to Austin to see Laura, his lil' sis, on her b-day! She turned 12 yesterday. We first gave her some presents, a skate board, pads, and a soccer ball. She's pretty good on the skate board and I was pretty bad, but she had fun! She wanted this by the way, we didn't just randomly get her a skate board. Then we brought in the 3.5 boxes packed full of my mom's clothes that are now too big for her and between Chris' mom and 3 sisters, all the clothes got divied up and everyone got a large amount of new clothes! yipyip, it was fun. Then we made then do a lil' fashion show and they liked their new stuff and looked good! Then we took Laura to Applebees for din and they sang to her and she got the sundae. Finally, back at the house, Katie (Chris' 24yr. old sis) had bought a cake, so we ate it! (cake #3 for the week!) We had a lot of fun there, it's nice to hang out with Chris' side too. At least they don't live any further away than Austin!

I was dreading the thought of coming back Tuesday morning, so I signed up to get the day off. It would be rare and surprising if it actually happened. But to my joy and elation, they called at 5:40am and said I can have a 4 hour EA (excused absence)! Chris can confirm that I was sqealing with joy. So, I stayed in bed and slept in. However, they called and said they did need me to work from 11-3, so I headed on in to work, but the terror hours (7-11) were past so that was nice. I ended up getting a unit transfer and a post-op at the same time, so that kept me busy from 11 to about 2. The last hour kinda dragged on, but it was a day shift I must say!

Chris picked me up from work and he headed out to work out and go to class tonight while I went to weight watchers, worked out, and got some groceries.

Tonight, Casey and I could both go to the same WW, so that was so nice to see her and hang out with her. We ate at the mall afterwards and caught up on things. I realized how much I've missed her, she's so fun and good to talk with! Thanks for hanging with me Bish! We went to Maurces as well to pay off her bill there, well she payed it, not me, heehee. Then I did the stepper and treadmill @ the DAHLC while watching House, a wonderful show.

I came home and folded clothes, played Yahtzee with Chris, and now here I sit on the computer.

Tomorrow, I'm going along with Gran and Mom on a lil' road trip. I'm not exactly sure what this will entail, but I'm just honored to be invited. I think we'll just look at pretty fall trees :)

Thursday, Kellie is coming home and me, her, and Jill are gonna hang out! I'm so excited! This has been a much better week than last. I've gotten to do more things and see so many lovely people.

I think I will end this and go see what Chris is doing! He just got done playing football on PS2, which he does every so often, and he won! yessssssssssss.

Love ya all!
~Brie
PS: it was cold today and I liked it! Hooded sweatshirts! coooooooozy!
PSS: Pictures below!!!

Cara and I, akward!

Chris, Me, Brice, Jenny, Gavin = x-mas picture

Chris and I just now....

My husband who I love so much!!!!

4 comments:

Jackie said...

ah, honey, I loved reading your blog and all the stuff you did this weekend. It was funny how you added the little "cake count in there....ya goof. I also enjoyed the pics of you and chris...cute haircut....now who cut's your hair again????? Love you

Heather said...

Sounds like a much more eventful week thats for sure. You forgot to add that you got to see your dear ol' Huttie at the mall for a little while. Eric and I need to have a Yatzee competition with the Lewis'! hehe Love ya.

granny said...

A very fun week Brie.

Cheri said...

cute pics of you two Brie! I'm glad you and Cara got to hang out. Oh, nice blog colors too!