Monday, October 22, 2007

1st Wedding Anniversary.

Yesterday, Chris and I celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary! We could hardly believe it had been a year already, it's crazy how fast a year can go.

We started it off by teaching 6 crazy 2-3 year olds at Sunday school. Well I we prevented them from killing each other more than we actually taught them anything, but yeh, what can you do, they're 2. Then we went to church and off to the mall to eat lunch with the fam.

We then went to buy pumpkins at a place right after Byron. It cost too much to go on the wagon ride to the patch, so we picked from the already picked pumpkins. The lady said the already picked ones are better anyways. Chris had never done the pumpkin thing, buying one and carving it, as I have done my whole like, so I was excited to do that with him. We picked a couple out and went home to carve them. It was so fun, Chris did a really good job and we ended up with two pretty good looking pumpkins. I tried to teach Chris all I knew of carving techniques that I of course learned growing up from Dad, heheehee. Brice, Gavin, and I used to carve pumpkins together and it was always so much fun, so I picture passing that tradition on some day.
Later we went to Victoria's for supper. This was Chris' very good idea! We had never been there together and it was so pretty in there and the food was so good! Mom and Dad had thoughtfully given us a gift card to there after they found out that's where we planned on going. So, it was free! Thanks Mom and Dad! We went back home and Chris brought me a little black box and inside was a very beautiful ring! The stone is cirtrine, like a orangey-yellow and I really love it. It's kinda a special stone to me because, one year before we got marriend, so October 21st 2005, Chris gave me a necklace with 2 different colors of citrine on it, which looks like a leaf. And now, one year after we're married, he gave me the ring, which matches :) So, they'll both always remind me of our wedding season, October, and our anniversary :) Thanks sweetheart!
After that, we opened up our top layer of wedding cake that had been perfectly sealed by my mom one year earlier, and stuck in the freezer. It was really yummy! I forgot it had a layer of fudge in the middle, mmmhmm, yum. We ate that as we watched our wedding video. We're thinking it would be a neat tradition to watch it every year. I dunno how realistic that is once you have kids everywhere, but we'll try! We actually listened to Aaron's message (our minister) and it was neat to hear it again. It was such a beautiful wonderful day, it was fun to see it and remember everything. The dance was so hilarious, thanks to uncle rick for taping it!
Then I told Chris we should dance to our wedding song, so we did and it was fun :) Maybe we can do that every year too :)
It was very fun to just hang out with Chris all day and remember our weddding. I'm so very grateful to God for bringing this man into my life. He's more than I could every ask for, he's my very best friend and the love of my life! I'm so excited that I get be married to him for the rest of our lives. I love you Chris!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Valentino's? It looks like you are at Victoria's- unless Valentino's dressed up their restaurant a bit... Happy anniversary!

Brianna said...

OOps Victoria's, ahahaah

Christoph's Czarbach said...

I must've missed the typo, because it looks like Victoria's to me in the blog, mmm. Very nice blog honey. I love you!

Cindy's Closet said...

Congratulations you two! Victoria's makes yummy pasta and a nice romantic setting. Good for memories. You'll have many more. Love you guys!

Cindy's Closet said...

P.S. the pumpkins are awfully scary! Hee hee. I like Chris's upside down smile.

Jackie said...

You two are the sweetest ever. Love you both, Happy #1

Heather said...

Happy Anniversary Yesterday! I was thinking of you guys, sorry I didnt get a chance to call. Sounds like you had a great day though!

Cheri said...

Happy Anniversary you two! Next to the Redwood Room....Victoria's takes a quick second place on my favorite list. I agree...yummy food, and great atmosphere.