Friday, March 02, 2007

You Don't Know Me

This past weekend was a blast.
I went to the cities to see a whole lotta my fav. sport, gymnastics!!!! The highlight, of course, was Saturday night, when my very own cousin Kellie Hemmer competed in individul finals! She did awesomely and her best result was 7th on vault, yes, the 7th best vaulter in all of AA Minnesota gymnastics. That is so incredible. She is now done with high school gymnastics and is actually going to be competing for Winona State (my alma mater, hahahahha) this coming year. Cool huh? I think so.

Aside from my cousin the superstar, I also saw the amazing AA team finals, Roseville won, and I saw both A and AA individuals. There sure are some amazing talants out there, it's fun to see people from around the state. Pine Island, which is only singe A, got 2nd in team for MN, pretty dang good.

It was fun to hang out with Julie, Brad, Jill, and Kellie. I got invited along to stay in the FREE hotel room and get in to the meets for FREE, thank you Mayo High School. We did other fun things, like ate at Subway, went swimming, and ate pizza right next to the crazy Stillwater hockey team who had just won state. At the hotel we were at there were gymnasts and hockey players all over the place. It was funny. The hockey girls are bigger and hit each other and the gymnasts have cute hair and are more poised. hahah.

I ran into a friend from high school's family (Kelli Walsh) her little sister plays for Stillwater hockey. I stepped into the elevator and I saw Kelli's parents and sister and I was like, oh! hi! hahah.

Then we came home on Sunday and I got to spend several hours shoveling out my car. Oh by the way......I GOT A NEW CAR!!!!!! Yeh, I don't think I wrote about this. My poor poor Mazda failed me for the last time. So, we quickly got to looking and researching and with the help of my car smart Papa we found a few to pick from and ended up getting a Toyota Corolla (like I had in high school)!!!! It's kinda bronzey-tan, a 2001, with 65,000 miles, and I got it for 6,200. Not back huh? I almost got a Camry, but then I went with the Corolla at the last second, it's more my style and it's so dang cute. Chris says it's a good cute girl car for me, hahaha. But it is so nice to get in my car and be confident that it's going to turn on and that it will produce heat in under 5 mintues. Also, this summer I won't be sweating to death in my mazda and have sweat marks on my back when I get out of my car because my new car has AC!!! I would put in a picture, but it's covered in snow. I scraped it at least 3 times today.

This week I've been working evenings. Last night was the only good night of the three days in a row. I had 3 easy-goin' men to take care of, all of whom didn't need much. No bed pans, none, YEESSSSS. Ugh bed pans just hurt the back, so tired of it!!! I work overnight's this weekend, barf, so I have one more day, tomorrow, to be free.

Today I hung out with Mom and Gavin and tonight Dad and I went to The Bridge to Terabithia and it was actually really good. I didn't think it woudl be that good, it wasn't all fantasy stuff, it actually had a lot more than that and a really good story to it. I would recommend it, although it was also pretty sad too.....but good.

Now my fingers hurt and I can hardly type. So, I bid thee all farewell.

7 comments:

granny said...

Brianna you are alive!!!! I was begining to wonder if you had skipped the country. Havn't heard from you for so long. Great Blog by the way.

Christoph's Czarbach said...

nice update honey :) what a turn of glorious events. Umm....I'm done, nice blog, nice car, nice cousin, everything...nice.

Jackie said...

Where's the pic of yo new car dawg?

Heather said...

Crazy that you saw Kelli's family. I wanna see your new car! Our cars need to be friends!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for havin' breakfast with me this AM! It was fun kindda catching up- we could probably talk for hours though! hehehe. Have a good week while I'm gone!

Megan said...

Bridge to terabithia is my favorite book of all time. When i was in 6th grade we had to read it and it was awesome.

maybe i shall see the movie. I LOVE THAT STORY...tears. many many tears.

ANYWAY..i wanna see the new car. soon i shall see it. what color?did you say and i didn't notice. ugh.

Christoph's Czarbach said...

holla!