Monday, March 26, 2007

Lonny the snake whisperer

Well, here I sit on a Monday night, enjoying the cool breeze in my bedroom from the fan! Yes, the fan is needed on a 70-something degree weather day like today!

It was great NOT working today and getting to run around and be outside. This morning, Dad, Brice, and I went to Carlos before Brice had to head back to college. It was fun, but Mom, Chris, and Gavin were missing :( Dad and I waved farewell to Brice and I headed out in search of a few things. I went to the mall and to Khols and got cozy jammies there. They are capri bottoms and short sleeved top, no more long sleeves, at least for now. Chris and I have a little bet (no money involved) regarding the weather. I say it'll get cold and snow again and Chris says no way man. So, we'll see, but I say I'm right, it's a crazy place we live in.

Later I came back home and made meat loaf and little potatoes cut up to be hashbrowns. I had to call my mom for a few tips because I'm a cooking newbie. It turned out pretty good though.
After supper, Chris had a brilliant idea! We went, for the first time of 07' to......Dairy Queen! Chris got a crunch coat cone (which I almost got) and I got a Mr. Misty Float, which is a mr. misty with icecream down the side, it's so good. It was wonderful to spend a good chunck of the evening just hanging out with my amazing husband :)

We came back home and went our seperate ways; Chris to the homework room and me roaming around doing various things.

Ew, I just killed an LB. What's an LB you ask? It's a lady bug. I see them and kill them so frequently that I had to come up with a nick-name for them. LBs invade our place daily, but they congregate in OUR bedroom. LBs are sneaky and nasty. They shimmy their way through non-existent cracks in the windows and perch themselves on our ceiling or behind the blinds where they repeatedly fly in the window making that sick "plunk, plunk, plunk" noise. Eventually I have to get out of bed open the blinds and kill the LB because I cannot sleep hearing the "plunk plunk" and knowing it could come out and crawl in my ear. If it crawled in my ear, I would spaze out, I mean really spaze out. Chris would have to take me to the ER and I would end up on one of those True Stories of the ER shows: The Girl with the LB in her ear. Oh sick, barf, when will they leave? Go back home you little nasty LBs!!!!

Oh let's see what else is going on.....not a lotta. This past weekend was a killa'. I worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for a total of 30 hours. Ugh. I had mostly the same patients everyday, so I got to know them well and got into a routine, that's the only nice thing about working consecutive days. One of my patients was quite the character. We'll call him "Lonny" and the story goes a lil' something like this.......

"Hi Lonny, I'm Brianna, I'll be your nurse today"
"I know what you're up to, I know what's going on here"
"What do you mean Lonny?" "What's going on"
"Oh I know (says with knowing look as he wobbles to the closet to get his coat)
"Where are you going Lonny?"
"I'm going downstairs to meet my wife!!!!!"
"Lonny, your wife is out of town, she isn't here"
"DID I SAY SHE WAS HERE? (says in snotty/threatening voice)
"Umm... (trying to think of something else to say that doesn't sound like YES YOU DID, LIAR!!)
"I'M OUT OF HERE" (leaves room and makes way towards locked nurses break room)
"Lonny, that's the nurses room"
"Oh I know what you're up to, you're lying!"
"Lonny, let's go back to your room, we can play cards!"
"No, there are bugs and snakes in my room"
"Lonny, there are no snakes in the Mayo Clinic...."
***Lonny takes of down hall, 2 nurses and a nurse's aide follow the unstopplabe and somewhat combative Lonny all the way to the Mary Brigh intensive care area until a male nurse, who seems somewhat more threatening, convinces Lonny to come back to his room***

Sigh, that was a small example of my entire day with "Lonny".
Eventually we made a deal that he'd stay in his room, we even shook on it, but Lonny did not hold up his end of the deal.

Well, I think I shall go watch TV before I go to bed. I work Wed, Thurs, and Fri evening this week, so I have one more day of freedom.

Bye all, thanks for reading.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Haha loved the Lonny story. Thanks for updating I like hearing about the life of Brianna. Glad you got to enjoy the beautiful day yesterday!

Christoph's Czarbach said...

very nice sweetheart :) DQ was indeed the bomb-diggity! I had a great time with you yesterday and hopefully when the semester of death is over, I can do more of that with you :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! I enjoyed the Lonny story! Jeff and I also went to DQ last friday, and it was really nice just to sit outside and enjoy the treats! Miss you and hope to see you soon! Good luck on your 3-day stretch. If it helps at all, I've been going on a 14 day stretch between work and clinical.

Jackie said...

Nice update Brie. I wish I could spend some time hanging out with you. This Full time orientation is for the birds man.

Glad you got Lonnie back to his room...what a goof he is :)

Love you, MOM

Cindy's Closet said...

In response to all the LB's in your living quarters you can get a spray for them from your local hardware (or I suppose WalMart, Target, or Shopko in the pesticide area) and spray it on the outside around your windows and doors. The bugs will not make it into your nice cozy home! It's worth it! No more LB's in the house!

Megan said...

goodness Lonny. Leave my cousin alone. she is a nice nurse!

Cara said...

Lonny made me laugh out loud like a fool in panera! I agree with Chris on the Crunch cones there the best...and you left out an important part of your weekend...you chit chatted with me on sunday!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, Brianna, I know this post is from a while ago, but it still cracks me up. I told my mom the other day that I think there is a screening tool in the ER or whatever that to be a patient on our floor you have to be confused or nuts or just plain weird. Cause it doesn't seem like we get a whole lot of "normal" folk. More like alot of Lonny's! LOL. I like reading your blog - it inspires me to try to keep mine more updated! And HOW did you manage to get M-F off!?!? Lucky Duck! Haha. Well, I work W/T/F this week, maybe I'll see you. Talk to you later!