Sunday, May 22, 2005

Summer summer summmmmerrrr!

Wut up peeps. I am on summer break.....but before I talk about that, I should update you on my life thus far, well since my last blog I mean. Beware, this is long, some people, coughcoughBRTIAcough, may not approve :) heehee.
I recently finished my two week May class: "Principles of Operating Room Nursing" this past Thursday. I really enjoyed it and I learned a lot. I got to do and see a lot of new things. My favorite part was putting IVs in people. I got to do it 7 times and I made 5, so the experience was very beneficial :) I also lovvvved watching the surgeries and helping the nurses out with what they'd let me do. One day a Med student was working on a patient with a surgeon and she wanted me to do all this stuff, so I got to help her with the sutures and such, so that was fun. The second week of my class was very hard because I couldn't be in my Winona apartment anymore so I had to drive from home everyday. I pretty much drove there asleep. I think mom's prayers for me kept me from drifting off into the ditch, thanks mom.
Now I am back for good and it's officially my summer vacation. I go in to see my boss lady at Sunrise tomorrow to work out a summer schedule, so that'll be fun. So far I've just been hanging out with the fam, some friends, and Christopher. Last night Chris and I celebrated our 5th mo. anniversary :) by going to the Hubble House in Mantorville. First, I showed him my old house in Kasson, then we played on the swings at the park while we waited to be seated at the restaurant, fun fun. It was yummy there. The waitress was a little, um, I dunno, kinda shifty. We were like, how do you go about getting some of that bread...cuz we saw her bring some bread to the peeps next to us, and she's like, oh, you don't get bread if you order sandwhiches. Whatevvvverrrrrrr. But yeh, it's a cool place. Then we came back here and went on a bike ride, that boy goes fast up hills, heehee. So it was a very fun night :) Right now Chris is in the cities at a Wrestling thing, I forgot the name, but it's a pay per view, so it's pretty cool :)
Today I went to church and the mall afterwards and saw cuzzin Megan and Barnes and Noble, yip yip. Then I've just been hanging out all day, dunked some basketballs with Gavin (I can jump much higher) He may be 6'7" or however tall he is now, but my vertical way surpasses his. I planted flowers with Mom and went to Target, fun stuff like that. I propose that Target be open 24hours like Wally. Well, it's good to be home and I hope to see allll of you this summer! Have a wonnnnnderful day! <3>

8 comments:

granny said...

Brie thanks for the update. Sounds like you had fun in the OR. I supose you will be a surgery person now. Have fun this summer.

Anonymous said...

have a good day sweetie, Good luck witht he new boss lady. Love you.

Megan said...

Cuzzin..good luck with the summer schedule. Thanks for coming to see me..and we shall go carcassing soon! I promise! LOVEKISSHUGLOVE

Heather said...

Happy 5 month anniversary to the both of you..I'm glad my sandals could take part in such a joyous occasion. I should lend you my shoes more often then it would be like I get to hang out with you all the time but not.. ok im done wow.

Cara said...

Hola long lost friend! We must hang out amap (as much as possible) seeing as i'm leaving soon! Just let me know your schedual! I don't have one so it's pretty much up to you! Love you dearly congradulations on 5 big ones! I have exciting news too!

Cindy's Closet said...

You may very well SAY that you hope to see us all this summer, BUT, when visiting the Hubbell House and you are only 1 mile from your most favoritist Aunt and Uncle's house and you NEVA EVA stopped in to see them....We would all begin to wonder if what you really meant was that you wanted to see SOME of us and not ALL. Hmmmm...ponder that.

Brianna said...

Kelsey, I have no idea what your hint about the garage and a sale could be about? hmm....sellling things and a garage.....nope, I got nothin'. Also Cindy, I would have visited and I told Chris you lived close but I don't know how to get there! I neva did it before and you neva tol me!

Cindy's Closet said...

Ummmm....ya go 1 1/2 miles east of the Hubbell House...you're there!Whatev.