Saturday, June 09, 2012

Due Date!

Audrey Joanne was four days early! My water broke (only 8-10% of full term babies start this way) after a 12hr shift, at a restaurant :/ I think it's amusing that this more dramatic enterance matches Audrey's personality.

It would be interesting to see if this baby boy turns out to be more laid-back and calm, being that it's my due date and he's still just hanging out. I'm sure how they are born has little to do with their personalities, but it's fun to wonder.

With Audrey, I just assumed I'd be late, so when I was early, I was shocked! With this little boy, I had it in my head that I would be early again, so now that I'm on time or late, I spend a lot more time wondering and wondering when he'll come! I try to enjoy the moment now and soak in our simple family of three, the fact that I don't get woken up every 2-3 hours, and the independence we've gained with Audrey. I know once he's here, he's here to stay and things will forever change! A good change though, we're excited!

So, unless he's born in the next 2.5 hours (and I hightly doubt that), he will be born past his due date. It's fun to have two completely different birth stories, but I do hope and pray that all will be well with this birth like it was with Audrey!

I'm working some random shifts at work until the baby is born. I could go on maternity leave now if I want, but I figure I'll work as long as I can and save my leave for when he's born. So, here I am on my due date, at work. I was supposed to work two 12 hr overnight shifts this weekend, but am instead working Friday-Monday evening 3p-11p shifts, which is 4 days in-a-row, but better than any 12 hr shift in my opinion!

Tonight has been beyond dull and I'm in denial that I still have 1.5 hours left of dullness. More like annoyance, being that I'm watching a fidgety patient all night, making sure they don't pull things out or jump out of bed, enough to drive a person nuts!

This morning was a lot of fun. My cousin Kellie is getting married 2 weeks from today and her lovely sister/maid-of-honor, Jill, threw her a little brunch party this morning, followed by tubing down the river in Lansboro. I had to skip the tubing part for obvious reasons, but the brunch was great :) I have the honor of being in the wedding party (hopefully I'll get to be there on the big day!). Several of us got to eat Jill's yummy breakfast recipees and then watch Kellie open presents. Wedding stuff is so much fun. I'm excited for Jill's wedding too, which is next June!

Well, I suppose that's all I have to say. Maybe this will be my last blog before baby boy :)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

When i think about it , it is rare that you go on or before a due date,so you were quite lucky with Audrey! I'm excited to meet this little guy :)

Jen said...

Love your speculation of how birth experiences tie to personality. I suppose you could say that Luke's birth story ties to his laid back personality so maybe you're on to something:)

Cara said...

So happy to find that your blogging again it kept me occupied for a good 20 minutes or so reading all of the past updates!!! THANK YOU....please notice the time on night number 3 of work. currently taking care of a ruptured pt...hehe...I will say that about 50% think there water has broke...and come to get checked out...it's not fun telling pregnant ladies they have just pee'd on themselves...oh-well...Hoping everything goes well!!!

love you

granny said...

I hope the little guy deceides to pop soon. Why do babies think it's fun to keep family waiting?