Saturday, January 08, 2011

A Spontaneous Little Trip

When you live in the frigid, cold state of MN, it gets a bit challenging to think of things to do to fill the time with! It gets even harder when you have a little one. Once we've played with every toy, danced to music, read books, colored, watched Elmo videos on You Tube, it's time to get out of the house! I dunno who needs it more (probably Chris and I), but I can't sit inside all day. We covered the normal stuff today; we went out for lunch, visited Walmart, and of course, walked around the mall. As I wondered what we would do to fill our evening time, Chris declared that he had a craving for Dairy Queen! If you know my husband, you know he's not a big dessert guy. He eats sensibly and doesn't usually have many cravings. So, I was delightfully surprised when he suggested we drive to Zumbrota after supper to have DQ! It's nice to have a plan. So, after supper, we set up Audrey's DVD player in the car and took off. It's only a 20 minute drive (if even), but she was pretty happy to watch Elmo and Chris and I got to chit-chat in peace the whole way there and back! We thought it would be fun to let Audrey have her own treat. Luckily we discovered that DQ has 'mini' blizzards, so Audrey got a oreo one all to herself. She was such a good girl the whole time and seemed to like her treat. However, once she noticed her Daddy's 1/2 eaten cone, she really wanted that! (she loves cones). So Chris  and Audrey switched treats. At one point on the drive home I was watching Audrey watch Elmo. She saw me looking at her and gave me a tiny polite smile but then waved and said, 'bye-bye' to me, as if to say, "I love you Mama, but please turn around so I can enjoy my Elmo DVD!" I thought that was pretty amusing. It was a fun evening and whole day with all three of us together. I love Saturdays! I even got to go shop by myself during Audrey's nap! And the day ends with Audrey tucked in bed, Chris playing Playstation, cookies in the oven, and me relaxin'. Here's a couple pictures from this evening :)


3 comments:

granny said...

How cute. I like it when she has enough of you and says bye bye and waves. What a very loveable little girl.

Jackie said...

awww such sweet pics of little boo and her treats. Nice of Chris to switch with her :)
What a fun little trip

Megan said...

I think it's so sweet how parents make sacrifices for their children. Like Chris giving up his dairy queen treat so that Audrey was happy. I remember when my mom did that for me once, She gave me her Fillet o Fish in exchange for the Cheeseburger they had ordered me. I look back on that and feel bad that i asked to have her sandwich (because she obviously ordered the food she wanted to eat) forcing her to eat that cheeseburger i had ordered. What a good mommy.

Love the pics of Auds eating the treats. so cute!