Thursday, December 30, 2010

20 Months!

It's so hard to believe we've had our little Audrey Joanne for 20 months! Looking back at pictures from those first few months, it's seriously somewhat difficult to remember that phase of life. People say it 'flies by' and while it doesn't feel fast when you're in the midst of it, it truly does pass so quickly. It's almost sad to realize how much I've already forgotten. Now she's 20 months old and doing something new everyday

Here is a list of things Audrey is up to these days....

She loves to color with her crayons while sitting at her new big girl desk from Grandpa and Grandma Hemmer.


She loves to play with her pretend jewelry.


She also loves to play with her new kitchen (to sum it up, she loves all her new toys!)


She loves playing/wrestling around with her Daddy.


Her handmade sled from Grandpa Gale has been quite a hit!


She loves to listen to her music in the car and in her room. She 'sings' along to Jesus Loves Me and currently loves Zaccheaus and This Little Light of Mine.

She know exactly what she wants to do and she's not afraid to try to figure out how to get it. My Dad calls her the 'master manipulator'. For instance, she says, "Snack...yes!" or "Elmo....yes!" Before anyone gets a chance to say no, she says yes. She's not much for playing alone or getting super absorbed in any one activity. She's constantly on the move and seems to always be thinking of what to do next. I wish she would happily play without me a little more, but I suppose I'll miss that when she's older. It's a challenge to teach her to obey, she's so strong-willed. However, most of the time, she is a very very good and sweet girl.

She is very polite. For some reason, please and thank-you, were very easy to teach.

She LOVES books.

She is saying new words everyday now. Today she said "man" "horse" and "orange" for the first time! She does some signing still, but says much more than she signs. It's getting kind of fun to try to figure out what she's trying to communicate to me. Mostly I know all her words. It took me a few minutes to figure out "ban-ya" She used to say "ba" for banana, now it's apparently a bit more sophisticated.

When I say, "A..." Audrey says, "B.....C!" And when I say, "One..." She says, "Two!"

When I write out her name, she say, "Au-dee!" and points to herself :)

She's growing out of her 24mo clothes and now has some toddler sizes!

She's 29lbs and I think like 33 inches (at 18months)

Well....I think I'll leave it at that!

It's been a joy watching this little person take shape, we love her so much! Here's a few more pictures from December.

Christmas morning

Cookies on the face

The one and only time Audrey actually willingly posed for the camera and was in a very silly mood!

Looking at Grandma's tree.

My pretty girl on Christmas Day

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Loved your update Brie. Yes she is growing fast and she's such a little smartie pants. I love that picture of her and Chris....pure glee :)

Cindy's Closet said...

What a sweet update! I love your little family! So Special!

Di said...

Ahh nice post Bri! Loved all the pics!! Zahra is very excited to come over and play with Audreys fun new toys ;) J/K
Love the froggy PJ's too. They are so warm and cuddly. Hope to see you soon friend!

granny said...

What a lovely update. Love the pictures.

Megan said...

what a great update Brie! i loved it. Your little family is such a sweet group. I love hearing how Audrey grows and learns. She's a beautiful, amazing little girl. You're both very lucky to have such a wonderful family. love you!