Sunday, March 22, 2009

Overnight One of Two

Well here I am on my OWN unit, nice. I'm hoping I can get away with not floating tomorrow night either! However, get this, the med. ICU is full, so we're getting their overflow patients, so I am on my unit, but have 2 MICU patients, hilarious. Acutally it's fine, I'm just glad to be here. I'm on the small side of the unit. So, it's just me and one other nurse hanging out down here. It's pleasant!

I had a blah day, just ask Chris, I was sad and grumpy. I get very miserable on Saturdays when I have to work the overnight weekend. I try not to, but all I can seem to do is dwell on it and how much I hate it! It's never THAT bad when I'm here. Obviously I wish I was home right now, but it's ok. So, I did manage to take a nap from like 2:30-4:00, so that was nice. Chris told me I needed it, hahaha. He and I cleaned up the house (although it's already ridiculously clean) for the open house we had today. We have to keep it clean all the time because someone could come look at whenever. No one came to the open house, sad day. We ate outside at McDonalds today, although I had Wendy's. Chris had a random McDonalds craving. It was a joy to sit outside! Then we drove around and looked at open houses but didn't go in any, probably cuz I was no fun and just wanted to sit in the car, hahaha. Thanks for putting up with me Chris. Later we had tacos and got some groceries. Oh yeh, I bought the new People magazine for tonight, I should go get it! Or maybe I'll save it for my break at 3:00a.

Well, I guess that's all I have to say! I get a break in a 1/2 hour. Then when I come back I'll have 3 hours left, yes!!! It's going pretty fast. The hard part is just knowing I gotta come back later today.

See ya alls later!

5 comments:

granny said...

Your granny says you can be sad and grumpy if you want to. There should be a law that pg peeps should not have to work over nights. Hang in there it will come to an end.

Jackie said...

I chuckled that you were taking care of medical ICU patients in your Surgical ICU. Glad you got through the night, only one more...you can do it. Maybe I'll send you some more pics to brighten you night

http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
http://www.ehow.com/members/stevemar2-articles.html said...

I work overnights too, and even started a blog about it. Check it out at http://workingatkohls.blogspot.com if you want.

Christoph's Czarbach said...

I don't have it that bad :) You put up with plenty of my quirks, so I think can put up with your small ones :)