Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Just Can't Get Inspired to Blog

I don't know what's become of me this past year and my lack of blogging!

Anyhoo....

A few weeks ago, we went to Roseau, MN for my cousin Jamey's wedding. It was a lot of fun! He married Kate and we like her a lot! It was fun to be with the whole family in a random little town. Chris and I decided to drive into Canada the 1st morning we were there since it was 10 miles away. We made it into Manitoba and went to a little store. So, now we've been to Canada! After the wedding Chris and I drove to Duluth and went camping. We rode our bikes to a State Park and visited a couple other places that were very pretty. It was neat to have that experience with him!

Some great news is that Chris got a job offer for IBM as a financial analyst! He applied there forever ago for an internship. And just lately they called him to see if he was still interested in that. He said, well I would be, but I'm about to graduate. The lady said, well then you don't qualify for the internship, but would you like to interview for a job instead? Um....yes!!! So he interviewed and now he'll start once he's done with school in December. It's just such a blessing to know that he'll have a job when he's done with school! It was looking rather impossible, but God always has a way to make things ok. So, we're excited about that. This got all us all excited to start thinking about the possibility of a house. So we've kinda been checking that out and seeing what we can do. Basically, now days, everyone has to have some money down before buying, so once Chris starts working we can hopefully save enough by this coming summer to more seriously look at buying something, so that is extremely exciting. I was very content here and still am, but now I'm kinda feeling antsy to leave and have more room and a yard! Fun.
So, we're about to be the "typical" Rochester family, Mayo and IBM.

Chris is currently taking his very last 2 classes for his degree. They're both in the cities, but at least this is the end of it. I think he's excited to be done, but I don't think he's like dying to end it all since he seems not to mind the life of a student. He's become very good at it! But he adjusts to work/school stuff pretty easily, so I think he'll like it when he starts. Pretty much every job he's wanted requires experience, so at least if he greatly dislikes this job, he'll be gaining experience.

Yesterday I fall-ified my house. Meaning I put out all my fall decorations. I love love love when fall comes because I love the colors. So that's fun. Mostly I am just working and such. I am off orientation and basically by myself. They still give a resource person that I'm designated to ask questions to, but pretty much I just ask whoever's closest. It's ok so far. Basically I'm petrified to go to work. I dread an emergency, that I won't handle it well or whatever. It's so hard to know what to do when situations come up. When change of shift comes and a new nurse takes over, they always find like 5oo things I didn't do or didn't think of or should have done, etc. That makes me so frustrated! It's like, I swear, I really tried to be a good nurse! It's just that the nurses have been there so long and they're really smart. Oh well, maybe someday I'll know something. Right now, I would love to just never go back! I've been racking my brains for another profession I could jump into, haahaa. I think someday (maybe when my year is up?) I might go to outpatient surgery, that has always interested me. I though of applying there originally, but they preferred ICU experience, so here I am.

Anyhoo.....tonight Mom and I are going to "The Woman" I'm dying to go to a movie. One, because I want to see a movie and Two because one should never go more than a month without movie theatre popcorn!

Oh, duh, I also just went to a wedding! My good highschool friend Elizabeth, who I've known since before Kindergarden, got married to Mr. Greg Lee this past Saturday. I remember very distinctly when they met in high school. It's funny, they had been living 3 doors down from each other for several years before they even met. The wedding was beautiful and I got to see Katie, Brita, and Kelli, 3 other good high school friends that I don't see very often. And of course, my dear Heather was there as well, so it was a bit of a reunion.

Ok, this is gotten long enough! I work the next 2 days so send me a prayer that no one dies on me.

Love you all!
~Brianna

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Hi silly girl. Thanks for the wonderful update. I'm happy for Chris (getting the Job) whoop.
You are a good nurse but just to hard on yourself. You're learning more and more everyday,and I'm very proud of you!!! Do Like I do and ask Jesus to hold your hand when you're worried, It works...try it !

Heather said...

You forgot to mention that Heather helped motivate you to clean and "fall-if-icate" your home. hehe Oh and hang in there with the job, it sounds tough but if God brought you to it, He'll definitely help you through it!

Megan said...

umm..i skimmed that. I didn't know you were into novel writing.

interesting.

love you. sounds like you're busy. I promise to call you soon! i know you called, been busy..will call when there is time!

xoxoxoxx