Thursday, September 25, 2008

911

Hello friends and family.

I am sitting here alone and starting to get bored. I got off work @ 1530 (figure it out, it's army time) and was looking forward to a night of nothingness after a week full of working. I plopped myself of the couch and watched an old episode of John and Kate, in high definition mind you (I'll explain later). Then, next thing I knew, my eyes flew open! I looked at the clock and I had slept from about 4:45 to 6ish! I didn't even try! Then I slugged around a little more, did some money/bills things and got all ready to watch the new Office and ER.

The office was awesome because Jim proposed and I was surprised. ER was awful because Dr. Pratt died, it was super depressing. However, it's now the last season, so they're gonna have to be drastic, sad day.

Now, I'm just sitting here. Chris left after work to go to the cities to have a bowling night with Scottrade people! I called him and he sounded like he was having fun. I expect he'll be home soon!

Some new happenings:
Grandma E. had surgery yesterday and she's recovering just fine, although she's probably quite miserable and in pain, but I know it will pass.

Chris and I got a new TV, it's not plasma, I think it's LCD. It's a pretty nice lookin' one if I do say so myself. I say it's Chris' graduation (almost)/getting a new job present! HD was set up today along with DVR, which is awesome. I think it's like TIVO. All I know is that I just set it up to record, ER, the Office, Next Top Model, and House, for the whole season! Sweet. Oh, I should add John and Kate to that too. It's requiring us to "remodel" our beautiful entertainment center, as it was previously designed for a square TV. Grandpa E. has agreed to help us make it happen as he is an excellent woodworker! I'm excited!

I witnessed my first code ever in the hospital, not only did I witness it, it was my patient! A code is when someone fails to breathe or their heart stops beating. My patient did both. Obviously I cannot say what happened. However, we smacked the alarm button on the wall and about 20 people, doctors, nurses, respiratory therapists, etc. flew into the room and within about 3 mintues, she had her heart beat back and was breathing. It was so incredibly amazing. It's so neat to see the process in action and to see how well trained people are to respond so quickly and efficiently. I was very impressed and glad to be a part of it (I got to push the drugs). Thankfully, a very experienced nurse was in the room with me as this all went down! After about 1.5 hours, the patient was fully stable, all charting was done (yes, loads of charting) and all was picked up and put away. Wowee. Talk about gettin' yur blood pumping!

Last Friday, Eric, Heather, Chris and I went bowling! It was fun to hang out with them and chit-chat. The boys played pool afterwards and Heather and I ate popcorn :) Then we went to Perkins and shared shakes! It was fun! It was also Bish's b-day, so I got to talk to her as well!

Tomorrow, my cousin Megan is coming over to spend the night. We intend to visit her parents, make little homemade pizzas, have a pillow fight (not really) and much more funness!

Well, I tend to start out thinking I have nothing to say and then I write too much and people are forced to "skim" my blog (cough cough Megan cough)

Love ya'alls
~Brianna

4 comments:

Annie said...

WOW, your first code.

AND, you survived! Thats exactly the thing I don't think I'd be able to handle about the Unit. Actually having to be part of the code. I like how on the floor you call 911 and pretty soon all you have to do is stand and watch.

It was interesting to read your previous post about not liking the new digs down there. I remember even when I first started on Jo7 I was terrified I would miss something and someone would die as a direct result of my actions. But I am much more comfortable now, and know I can handle what gets thrown at me (I think). And whats that old addage, God never gives us more than we can handle? Sometimes I think that God has too much faith in me, but alas, life goes on.

Speaking of Jo7, Sherri just told us they are re-opening it as a 25 bed medical unit. No remodeling, no nothing. Just a quick clean and up it goes. That'll be weird to see it open again.

Anyhow, hope life is going well for you. We should do lunch sometime!

Talk to you later Brie!

Heather said...

I totally read the whole thing, no skimming! Jealous of the new tv and fun features! And also..we had a blast bowling and such, lets do it again! :) Oh and remember when we were at Elizabeth's a long time ago and had a pillow fight just because Greg thought thats what girls did at sleepovers...haha. Oh! And good job at making it through the excitment at work!

Jackie said...

I never skim your blogs. Look at your incredibly exciting life, and YEAH for your first code...whoop. Glad your patient made it...that's a good thing. Love you mom

Megan said...

well..despite all the people trying to make me feel bad for skimming, i skim. i skimmed over the part about myself, because, i knew what you had to say...i was there...well i was about ot be there....anyway...IT ISN'T BAD TO SKIM! *screams* some people just have a lot to do and not enough time to read novels. Besides, you told me about your blog. i don't feel bad.

I LOVE YOU and hope that you're getting your sleep. you seem like a sleepy girl lately. *hug* love you and i'm so proud of you..for everything!

XOXOXOXOXOX

Cuzzin Megan the skimmer.