Friday, May 09, 2008

A Day of Change

Two things: my job is almost over and Kelsey and Jeff are almost parents!

Today was good. I woke up and started laundry and started making cookies to bring to work for my last day.

Then Chris and I worked out and ate at Tinns, our deal is that if we ate out today, we cannot tomorrow! We'll see... Then we stopped at Wally for a few things and it was already time to go to work for both of us.

I called Jeff around 2:30 and Kelsey was on her way, slowly but surely it sounds. Then I got a text message around 8pm that she is a bit furthur along and has had her epidural. She said they think that baby will come in the middle of the night. Most likely a May 10th baby, that's a good day. I predict 4:30am a baby girl will be born, that's my guess, we'll see! I'm so excited!

I have 1.5 ish hours left on my unit. It's been a typical, nice evening shift, 3 patients, with one so independent I forget about him. One is all confused. One second he's trying to hit me and the next he's all sweet and will comply with anything! The third is a sweet lady. I honesty remember one of first patients the best. I had her almost everyday with my preceptor Erin. She was the nicest lady ever, in her 50s, who got hit by a car while on her motorcycle. She went through so much and eventually after several weeks got to go home!

Anyhoo, I guess I'll say bye!

3 comments:

granny said...

Is it a baby yet??? Glad you had an easy shift for your last night on your old unit. Good luck. Happy days off.

Heather said...

Happy last day of working on that floor! (ok it was yesterday) Oh and David Chesney is here! I guessed May 10th a long time ago, I win! Hehe

Cheri said...

Did you do it? Eat out only once?