Friday, August 31, 2007

Camp and Such

MMMmmmm, I've been back from camp now for a week and I still wanna go back! It was just so much fun. There's just something about the atmosphere there that I just love. I love camp!

It was a ton of fun for me to have Chris there this year. About a mile away from camp I started to get very giddy and jumpin' in my seat. The second I saw the softball field (the first thing you can see at camp) I was SO excited! We saw the Pine Haven Christian Assembly sign and it was just as it always is and soon we smelled the camp air, I love that camp air. Then I grabbed Chris by the hand and started the tour! I loved showing him around a place where I've spent so many wonderful times and I was able to show him where I was baptised in Long Lake.

We set up our room about the dining hall and hung out, greeting people, like Kels' and Jeff, as they arrived. Jeff and Kels got the room next to ours, we all lucked out and didn't have to go sleep in the cabins (which we would have to if there was no room since we're at the bottom of the totem pole) Sunday evening the whole lot of us (I think 22 peeps) went to Dorset a nearby town to eat at the Dorset House, a pizza/buffet place. It was lovely! Jenny and Brice where there too and got to stay until Tuesday morning.

Sunday night we all hung out in the dining hall, as we always do, playing games and talking. We went to bed early cuz everyone had gotten up so early.

Monday morning Chris and I went running/walking. Later on we went along with Brice and Jenny to town, Park Rapids that is! It was fun for Brice and I to show the newbies around town, to all our favorite stores. We discovered a new t-shirt store that lets you design your own shirts. Chris and I made Park Rapids hooded sweat shirts for the low price of $20. Sweet. Then we all 4 ate at the Minnesoda Fountain! Of course we got candy at the candy store too. Six of us formed a little softball game later that afternoon. It was Dad, Me, and Travis vs Jenny, Brice, and Chris, we won!!! Mom played some too. That night it was my turn, along with Mom, Kelsey, and her mama Sharalyn to make dinner. We made salsbury steaks, real potatoes, corn, and pistachio dream cake, yum.

On Tuesday, I think, Chris and I decided to do the Itaska bike ride with Jim (nevermind, this was on Wednesday). We were reluctant, but eventually went and were very glad we did. It was a hour and 45 min ride and was EXTREMELY hilly, the most hilly bike ride of my life. But, it was very pretty with trees and lakes and such. We saw the great white and red pine along the way and got pictures with them of course. Then we made the very important stop at the Mississippi headwaters! I hadn't been there in many many years and Chris had never been there, so it was neat to see. Jim took pics for us! It got a little nicer later on and Jill and I went swimmin'

Wednesday was finally a nice day. A bunch of us went to World of Christmas to go-kart and mini-golf, it was fun! We swam and I skiied! Brad, my uncle has a boat and I used his single ski. It was a blast. Chris rode in a boat for the first time to see me ski! I think he thought it was alright. Oh, a few nights before we went canoeing as well. Chris actually liked it and we ended up doing it several times. Jill and I swam again and Kelsey and Jeff came out for a while too before they had to leave for home. I forgot to mention that on Tues. Kelsey, Sharalyn, Mom and I went shopping. There are a few places we go to every year that are outside of Park Rapids. I got a few things at World of Christmas and we all ate at the German restaurant in town!

Thusday, hmm, what did we do? I know Mom, Dad, Chris, and I went to town again. Later that night, Sharalyn, Mom, Dad, Brad, Jill, Chris, and I went to Rocky's Pizza, a place you must go in Park Rapids, it was lots of fun!

I'm sure I missed a bunch of things..... oh yeh, one night we had a fire in the lodge and made s'mores and we also played ping-pong a lot, Chris got really good at it!

Friday morning we all went on one last long boat ride all the way up and down Long Lake. Then we left our dear camp for home.

We st0pped at the Albertville Outlet mall on the way home and got some stuff.

On Saturday, Mom and I went to Faribault to see Chris and Dad play in the Church of Christ' tournement. Meadow Park ended up in 3rd place! Yip yip, it was very very fun! I think they played like 4 or 5 games total.

This week I worked Mon, Tues, Thurs, and now, Friday night. (Yes, I'm work blogging, trying to get the last hour to fly by!)

Chris and I have hung out a lot this week since he hasn't had to work much. We went to The Nanny Diaries and it was pretty good. Then Mom and I went to Stardust and it was really good! I got to see Brita and have lunch with her at Panera. I also had lunch today with Chris and Gav at Tinn's! Yum yum! Go there and get the honey-bbq chicken if you haven't been there yet, it's amazing.

On Wednesday I started and ended grad school. I went into it taking the 2 most easy classes, just to get a feel for it all. I felt extrememly uncommitted to the program, but just felt like I really wanted to try it out. I went into class Wed. morning expecting to start my semester, but after about a 1/2 hour, I realized it's just NOT for me, at least not for now, or anytime soon. I just realized it's something I DO NOT want to do right now. None of the programs really interest me right now and I don't want to do all the work for no reason. Oh well, at least now I know! I feel really good about not doing it, it just feels right not to, which is nice. I thought I'd feel bad about not doing it, but I don't, whoot.

Well, I should probably end and save this before it gets erased like long blogs tend to do!

I have the weekend off and Chris and I go to a bed and breakfast on Wed-Fri, I'm so excited! Chris' b-day is next Thurs too! Whoop!

Love ya all! Thanks for reading my loooooog blog!!!

Luv, Brie

PS: Camp pictures to come!

4 comments:

granny said...

Brie your not MIA any more. I enjoyed your blog. Now where is your hubby??????

Anonymous said...

Oh silly girl, you did such a good thing to update your blog. I liked it. I miss camp too :(

Unknown said...

Sweet blog honey :) Yes, camp was very exciting for me and I shall return for many years to come, holla!

Heather said...

Thanks for the sweet update, camp sounds like such a great time every year you tell me about it. I bet it was exciting to finally bring Chris there with you! Also way to go with the school thing, I'm glad you decided you didnt want to do it right away rather than suffering through the semester. Have fun at the B&B with your man! :)