Sunday, July 30, 2006

I Feel "Special"

It all started tonight at about 9:15 pm.

This isn't a huge exciting story, but it's a funny one, and maybe you had to be there...

Jill, Kellie, and I decided to go to a movie tonight. Jill looked up the time for the movie (9:20pm) and so I hung out the girls' house until it was time to go. I saw their beautifully decorated new room and talked to my auntie Julie and the girls. Then, before we knew it, it was time to go to the theatre. We left too late and got there with like 5 mins. to spare. By the time we got tickets and popcorn and such, it was pretty much 9:20, so we're like oh well, we'll just miss previews. However, when we got into the theatre, previews hadn't even started, so we were excited to have not missed a thing. We also noticed that we were the only ones in the theatre.

We got to chit-chatting and suddenly realized, about 10 mintues later, that the movie had not yet started. We just thought it was running late and kept on talking. About 5 mins. after that, I thought maybe we were in the wrong theatre. So, Jill went to check to make sure about that. As she was checking, Kellie checked her ticket stub. She comes to discover that the movie is not at 9:20, it is at 10:30!!!! We were like, oh wow, no way.

I am sitting there wondering why no one said anything. The ticket seller lady didn't find it strange that we were an hour early, neither did the ticket ripper guy, and he watched us go right into the theatre! They were probably like, wow, I guess they really wanna make sure they get a seat.

Then, as we're discussing what to do, a cleaner guy comes in the theatre. I felt the need to tell him what happened, while Kellie and Jill are giggling. I thought I should tell him, since I figured he was wondering what in the world we were doing in there. However, as I am explaining things to him, he just looked down, as if he couldn't hear me, and left! It was extremely akward, yet very funny.

We decided to go to Hy-Vee for a while. As we were leaving Chateau, I explained to two of the workers standing near-by what had happened. I wanted to make sure it was ok we came back and could bring our food and pop back in. They just looked at me like I was the biggest freak ever. They did not even crack a smile or grin at all at this crazy story. They were like stone-faced and just sorta nodded. Wow, people at Chateau should get sense of humor. Haha. This just made us three laugh even harder.

So, we went to Hy-Vee and came back to the movie with no problems. The theatre was packed, we thought it was funny that earlier we thought we'd be the only one's at the movie.......oh dear....how crazy.

Kellie and I are blaming Jill for this, haha, poor Jill. But it was funny. We felt super cool.

That is my story and now I must sleep. Goodnight.

7 comments:

Megan said...

special. very special...

granny said...

Yea for excitment.

Heather said...

I agree with Megan...special.

Jackie said...

You guys are a bunch of goofs

Nate said...

That IS special. I have things like that happen ALL the time at Chateau. I think it's just the building or the location, like there's some weird paradoxial magnetic field right on that location and it causes strange occurances, like the bermuda triangle.......

Anonymous said...

haha i enjoy that even though it is my 2nd time hearing the story

katie said...

bri i think its a great story it made me laugh. so how are u feeling? the wedding is getting close. you and my brother will be in my prays.