Friday, July 28, 2006

Anti-blogger

Hello, I have been an anti-blogger lately. It's because I'm so busy. I'm not complaining, it's just true. If I had anytime to blog, it would be when I'm going to bed, and I would rather go to bed, so that's that. However, I am done with work for the week and have 3 days off so here ya go.

WORK:
I just finished my 3rd week on the floor. It's so crazy. I am a real nurse responsible for real patients. I am with a nurse preceptor until September, so I am learning all day long from her. I have gotten pretty good at the complicated massive online Mayo charting system, it's insane, but very organized. I am also pretty good at giving meds and ok at hooking up IVs, but need more practice there. I am responsible for assessing patients and noticing changes in them. Based on changes, good or bad, I have the responsibility to make changes in their plans of care. I am slowly getting the hang of things, but I realize that there is a ton a don't know. Pretty much everything I do is new to me and I am confused about it. Luckily my preceptor is patient and good at explaining things to me and letting me do things on my own. I have never been on an orthopedics floor before this job. It's a lot different from other floors in that most of the patient cannot walk or even move at all, since they just had hip surgery, broke spinal bones, or broke three bones and lost a leg, etc. So, it's a lot of lifting people and using co-workers for help. It's cool that there is such good team work on our floor. So, that's a little summary of my new working life. I got a paycheck and it's nice, pretty much equal to what I made in 6 weeks last summer, haha.

FINDING A HOME:
I have also been quite busy in this area. Chris and I have found a realtor (my old piano teacher) and she is awesome!!! First we looked at houses. Then we decided that the houses in our preferred price range mostly need a lot of fixing up, and we're not too excited about buying a place that instantly needs to be fixed. All houses in our range are old, old, old with sick old basements. Blah. So, now we're on the search for a townhome. We like the idea of buying something, if we can. We have looked at a bunch and have narrowed it down to a couple. We're going to look at them again tomorrow. The cool thing about townhomes is that we can get one much cheaper than a house, but they're acutally nicer. They probably don't increase as much in value over time as a house, but what can ya do.

WEDDING STUFF:
Um, I have a lot left to do in this area. I am going to try to do my registry this week. I have so much running through my head of all the wedding stuff to plan. It'll take a while....oof dah.

Welp, I think mom and are now going to Bed Bath and Beyond to do a little preliminary look at what I should register for. Also, she just announced to me that it's supposed to be 100 degrees on Mondy, wow. That should be nice. I'll have my own personal sauna in my car, fun fun.

I hope you all are having good summers! Hopefullly I'll see you soon!
Love, Brie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the bestest girl that i know.

granny said...

Busy, busy Brianna. You are one of my bestest granddaughters.

Christoph's Czarbach said...

she is the bomb and that's why I explode with much love for her everyday, love you Brianna

Heather said...

I miss you! I feel so distant! I think you should just come live with me instead of finding somewhere else to live. ok bad idea. We need to find us sometime to hang. Best of luck wtih the home search and the wedding planning. I cant wait for your wedding im so excited for both of you! Ahh! Oh and way to go with your career, keep up the good work and eventually you will be the one training other people hehe.

Brianna said...

You guys are all lil' sweethearts. Yes, Kelsey, I will train you, mauahahahah

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about Sylvia as your relator? That's very cool if it is. :) And if I ever have problems with my back again, at least I know I'll be in very good hands. :) Congrats on everything Brie, I'm very proud of you. :)