Saturday, June 18, 2005

So.....I got this cool lookin' ring....

Guess what? My dear lovely Christopher asked me to marry him! I know there are a few of you whom I have not gotten ahold of quite yet, but I an anxious to put this on my blog so the world may know and see the ring too :) So, here's how it happened.......Chris asked me if I wanted to go on a picnic at the Plummer house. I thought, wow what a great idea, since I'd been mentioning I wanted to go on a picnic and show him the Plummer house sometime. So, after I got done with work on wednesday, we went and got Erbert and Gerbert's and had a little picnic on a blanket down in the garden area at the Plummer house. After we ate I wanted to show him around the area and see the flowers and such (little did I know he'd been there the day before with Jeff to scope out the area). Then he said we should go down to the fountain on the other end and look at it. So, we walked down to the big fountain, it has a pond like thing around it, so we walked around that and got back to where we started from. I said something like, ok, let's go sit back down. Then he was like, no this is so pretty. So I was thinking, ok, we can look at the fountain for a while, it is pretty.....and then he grabbed me a big hug and held me there and I was like..awwww sweeeetie, but then he started trying to get something out of his pocket, all while he is still huggging me. I thought at first, is he getting his cell phone??? Then I realized what I thought he might be getting me and he pulled out a little white box! I was like oh wowwwwwwww. Then he got down on his knee and opened the box and I saw a very beautiful ring and he said, "Brianna Marie Hemmer will you marry me?" It all just was so fast and kinda of a blur and I said, "yes I'll marry you!" and we were just like wowww, I can't believe this just happened! I was very very wonderful, a very perfect moment and he was so sweet and his voice was kinda shakey, very cute :) So we sat and talked for quite awhile and he told me about how he asked my parents the Sunday before when I was at work. So later on we went to Culver's and they clapped for us when we walked in. Then we told Mom, Gavin, and Brice, went to Susan's, Brad and Julie's and Grandpa and Grandma Hemmer's. Then Kelsey and Jeff wanted us to come over for a "toast" So we had sparking apple juice or something like that and Jeff did a little toast to us, it was very sweet and nice. Then we came back and told my dad, even though he already knew :) Since then I 've been callling people and going over to tell people. Today was the first day we could go over to Gran E.'s so we just told her so most everyone knows know, so it's finally on my blog! yay! I'm soooo excited!!! We're thinking October 2006. I'll let ya know more things when I know. Here are some pictures from the day he asked me, Wednesday, June 15th 2005.......
I'm engaged!!!! whooo!!!! :)

2 comments:

jackie lea said...

YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED!!! Brie, I'm so excited for you! I still have to meet Chris sometime!!!!

Anonymous said...

Braana...This is really cool. I still can't believe it. But I somehow knew that You and Chris would hook up.....This calls for a pig.