Monday, March 21, 2011

10 Fun Facts (because I don't feel like studying and I need to stall...no wonder I blogged more in college)

1. I have yearly competencies tomorrow. Mostly, we just go over things in a small group, but there is a short EKG test. We need to be able to identity heart rhythms, most importantly the lethal rhythms. To practice for my test, I will now tell you all the lethal rhythms: V-tach, V-fib, Idioventricular rhythm, asystole (also ventricular standstill and agonal), 3rd degree AV block, and Torsades. They are lethal, because if you don't intervene, the patient will most likey, or rather, very likely die. I have only seen 3 of these in real life. I bet you all know what asystole looks like, it's just a flat line (this is very bad).

2. Audrey has a cold. This makes her already feisty temperament even more feisty. But it also makes her a little more prone to snuggling :)

3. I am wearing a sweatshirt right now I got in elementary school. I have been using it as a jammy shirt for, well, decades. It's a New York Laundry brand sweat shirt. It came with a matching sweat shirt material bag in a matching color: salmon pink-ish. My Grandma Hemmer got it for me one Christmas and got herself a teal set as well. I dunno why she did it, but I'm glad she did. It's ginormous on me now, so imagine how big it was on my 10 year old self.

4. I keep buying Nilla cookies for Audrey, but Chris and I have re-discovered how amazingly good they are and we keep eating them gone before Audrey even gets one. I think I need to stop buying them. (Acutally, they are the off-brand kind, 'vanilla wafers')

5. I distinctively remember when I was nine years old I thought to myself. "I am 1/2 way to being a grown-up"

6. My friend Bridget and I used to get as ugly as could get using make-up and gross clothes. Then we'd take our each other's pictures. Then we'd get as pretty as we could get and take another picture. Then we'd label them 'before' and 'after'. Haha, I miss doing stuff like that.

7. My favorite drug is propofol. It makes my patients sleep. But it also drops a blood pressure, which can be a bummer.

 8. When we were little my brother Brice and I had a knocking system between our walls. One knock was 'hi', two knocks was "hi back" three was "how are you", four was "good, how are you" then seven knocks was something like, "I'm all done talking now and I'm going to bed so don't do anymore knocks, haha"

9. One of my favorite memories with my brother Brice was when I was almost asleep one night and I heard little noises at my window. I looked outside and he was throwing little rocks at my bedroom window, motioning for me to come outside. I was probably like 16 at the time. I drug myself out there and he had my ice skates all ready for me to put on. Turns out our whole cul-de-sac was solid ice. So there we were, ice-skating on our street at midnight. It was so fun. That's my brother for ya. Did you know we did that Mom?

10. My very first impression of meeting Chris was that he was one of the friendliest people I'd ever met, especially for a teenage boy.

Ok, I need to study now. Shoot it's 12:25am.

5 comments:

granny said...

Very cute. OH! the memories of childhood. Sorry Audery you have a cold. Get better soon.

Jackie said...

1. I have seen all 6 of those deadly rhythms, mostly in the ER
2. I noticed Audrey snuggled more yesterday and she was perfectly feisty...I like that.
3. I like that sweatshirt
4. Dont buy the nilla cookies, they are bad for everyone.
5. OH to be 18 again
6. You and Bridget were so funny. You kept each other very entertained
7. My favorite drug is Versed
8. I wish I would have seen you skating on the street. That would have been the sweetest thing ever.
9. I remember the day I first met Chris...you were just "Friends"... I thought he was very cute and nice.
I liked your blog honey... thanks for the update.

Jen said...

I am procrasting by reading your blog...the procrastination cycle continues;)

Megan said...

fun fun!

nice blog..you forgot 1 fun fact on the 21st though...You cousin Jamey turned 30!!! woop woop!

Unknown said...

sorry your baby girl has a cold- i was just saying yesterday (well, blogging) that the up-side to the kids cold is all the quiet snuggles!